Proposed Changes 2024

It will be voted on in April, but a few changes proposed for 2024 are...

-Helmet Communication like the NFL. It would cut off at 15 seconds on play clock or at snap. 

-2-minute warning at the end of each half.

-Tablets used to watch/review plays in real-time on the sidelines. A limit of 18 for sideline and coaching booth would be in place.

Everyone like or dislike these proposals?

27 minutes ago, punttheball said:

My son plays college football. It is brutal to sit through TV timeouts while at a game. Way too long and way too many. So if this increases the number of TV touts, I say BOO!

The TV timeouts are why I much prefer watching NFL games at home on TV vs. at the stadium. A couple years ago I had free tickets to a Bengals game. I left at halftime to watch the second half at home. TV timeouts are terrible for the game attendance experience.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

The TV timeouts are why I much prefer watching NFL games at home on TV vs. at the stadium. A couple years ago I had free tickets to a Bengals game. I left at halftime to watch the second half at home. TV timeouts are terrible for the game attendance experience.

I get that TV is what drives the big money that is in college sports. Hopefully this 2 minute warning timeout will just be one of the regular TV timeouts just scheduled for the 2 minute mark. Not an extra TV timeout.

• Like 1

College games are already too long.   I like helmet communication.   No more standing in a huddle watching guys hold up signs and flash signals.    

Tablet...Who cares

2 minute Warning...please no.   Clock already stops too much at the end of a game.

• Like 1

I'm in the minority I guess, the 2 minute warning doesn't bother me. 

Nothing more exciting than a last minute Touchdown drive. A 2 minute warning gives both offense and defense a chance to reset for the last few pivotal plays that may determine the outcome of the game.

22 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

I'm in the minority I guess, the 2 minute warning doesn't bother me. 

Nothing more exciting than a last minute Touchdown drive. A 2 minute warning gives both offense and defense a chance to reset for the last few pivotal plays that may determine the outcome of the game.

I am not opposed to a 2 minute warning if they simply make it one of the allotted TV timeouts. In other words, as long as they don't add an extra TV timeout. If they do it that way, I actually like the idea.

• Like 1

Can't believe the Buckeye fans aren't all over the helmet communication idea. They will dub it the Michigan Rule. Unless........ someone can develop a system to interface with the helmet communication and know the plays ahead of time lol.