Covington Catholic 83 Holmes 33 (35th District Semifinals)

🔵🔴 | Final from Evans Fieldhouse via the Colonel Athletic Network livestream.  

Tuned in late for this one. Heard the Colonels were not sharp in the first half.

Brady Hussey, the Colonels "Wah Wah" Jones Award winner, left early in Q4 with 997 career points. 

Cov Cath: 22 30 13 18 • 83 

Holmes:    13  10  5  5  • 33 

CCH: Harney 17, McGillis 14, Hussey 12, Ruthsatz 10, Bradshaw 8, ... (Team % 49/31/88, Rebounds 45, Turnovers 9)

CH: McCutchin 20, Lockett 11, Johnson 2 (Team % 28/11/63, 20 Rebounds, 18 Turnovers) 

Colonels (KY #4, 24-5, R9 11-1), play the winner of Beechwood/Holy Cross Friday for the District title. 

Bulldogs (2-22, R9 0-10), season complete.

• Thanks 1

Playing with and against the Holmes teams of the late 70's (Beal , Davis and Walton), seeing a score like this makes me really sad. Hope Holmes gets back to their former elite status.

On 2/29/2024 at 12:02 PM, RedHawk said:

Thanks!

Must have missed that part. 😆

3 Points away...wowza!

Colonels ran a lot of plays for him, before Coach subbed him out. Maybe 0/5 within a few minutes.

Uncharacteristic 1/9 for the game. I thought he was due, but they just wouldn't drop. 

Tonight ...

Holmes and Cov Cath had so many great battles over the years. It is just so hard to believe how the Bulldog program has disintegrated. Never thought I'd see that.