Ohio State Fires Chris Holtman

Mr. Sixer

Holtmann walks away from Ohio State having gone 137–85 and 67-64 in Big Ten play. During his time the Buckeyes never won either a regular season or tournament conference championships. They also never made it out of the first weekend of the NCAA Tournament.

19 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

His name used to be brought up as a potential replacement for Calipari at Kentucky. I guess he's off the list.

Honestly, my first thought yesterday was if Ohio State might contact Calipari. Money wouldn't be an issue and they might see that the UK/Cal relationship isn't what it used to be. Perhaps a splashy, big name hire might help get Buckeyes basketball closer to where football is.

I don't think Cal would go but I do think I'd kick the tires if I was Ohio State.

6 hours ago, Tranquility Base said:

Read today where Mick Cronin's name was being floated as a possible replacement.   That would mean the OSU would have taken UCLAs head football and basketball coach in less than 6 months.  All's fair in love, war, and TV revenue.

Conference rivals!

On 2/15/2024 at 7:44 AM, gchs_uk9 said:

Honestly, my first thought yesterday was if Ohio State might contact Calipari. Money wouldn't be an issue and they might see that the UK/Cal relationship isn't what it used to be. Perhaps a splashy, big name hire might help get Buckeyes basketball closer to where football is.

I don't think Cal would go but I do think I'd kick the tires if I was Ohio State.

Both could use a fresh start.