Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

St. Xavier 59 Trinity 58 (OT) (2024 LIT)

Featured Replies

Tough way to lose if you’re Trinity, and if you’re the Tigers you take it and move on. They’ll meet again in a couple of weeks at Bellarmine to another packed house. 

It was a very bad call, but we all know those happen.

I would love an official to explain to me one thing. I was in that corner on the floor and the official under the basket blew his whistle and looked like he was going to wave it off. The trail official counted the basket, never looked at the other two, and ran into the locker room. I just wonder what the proper procedure would be for that situation? It's not to run off the court. I remember the Sweet 16 game years ago and I remember being told the worst thing those officials did was leave the court. Just always curious on procedure.

Anyway, a great game, and two teams that will play again in two weeks (will be fun) and I would imagine again in March. Trinity better defensively, St. X had some role players hit some huge shots.

Great win Tigers build off this ! They will most likely play 2 more times this year!

On the one hand, the officials blew that call.  On the other, maybe we should be glad we still have people willing to be officials.   I wasn't at the game but I trust both teams and their fans comported themselves well after the game ended, that is, no fights, no berating the officials, no goading, etc.   As far as offensive philosophies go, it seems that Trinity's prevailed but that St. X was actually  better at it. 

Good comment on the officiating. If you can do better, go be one. It's an imperfect game. Nobody was screaming with the Tiger faithful about he "fumble/no fumble" call in the Manual FB game that factored in the playoff rotation. #### happens.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.