Beechwood parts ways with longtime assistant Bob Burnett

I heard that Coach Burnett or “Coach B” was let go today. Does anyone have any insight to this? I’ve always heard good things about him and was always told the kids at Beechwood loved him. 

18 hours ago, Buck2 said:

I heard that Coach Burnett or “Coach B” was let go today. Does anyone have any insight to this? I’ve always heard good things about him and was always told the kids at Beechwood loved him. 

Let go or retired? I had heard during the season that this might be his last year coaching. There was some special recognition he received towards the end of the regular season at a couple of games. The kind of things that happen when someone let's it be known they plan to retire. If I recall correctly one of the recognitions was for his 50th year in coaching.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Let go or retired? I had heard during the season that this might be his last year coaching. There was some special recognition he received towards the end of the regular season at couple of games. The kind of things that happen when someone let's it be known they plan to retire. If I recall correctly one of the recognitions was for his 50th year in coaching.

I was told let go. 

12 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Let go or retired? I had heard during the season that this might be his last year coaching. There was some special recognition he received towards the end of the regular season at a couple of games. The kind of things that happen when someone let's it be known they plan to retire. If I recall correctly one of the recognitions was for his 50th year in coaching.

I don't know anything here but if I had to guess this would be it.

I hope he left on his own accord and retired to spend more time with the family.  Anything otherwise would be a total dissappointment.  I have known Coach B. for almost 15 years and his knowledge of OL blocking is second to none!  Truly hope it was him saying it was time to hang up the whistle but if not and he still has any flame left, some team is going to get a steal for their offensive line!!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mr. Sixer said:

I hope he left on his own accord and retired to spend more time with the family.  Anything otherwise would be a total dissappointment.  I have known Coach B. for almost 15 years and his knowledge of OL blocking is second to none!  Truly hope it was him saying it was time to hang up the whistle but if not and he still has any flame left, some team is going to get a steal for their offensive line!!

Ageee 100%. None better at coaching offensive line and none better as a person. 

• Like 4

• theguru changed the title to Beechwood assistant let go (Retired)
33 minutes ago, theguru said:

The Beechwood Authority just reached out to me, she says Coach Burnett retired. 

Good for Coach B! That man believed in his players when they didn’t believe in themselves I was one of those players. 

Now go enjoy your retirement Coach B! 

• theguru changed the title to Beechwood assistant let go
59 minutes ago, theguru said:

The Beechwood Authority just reached out to me, she says Coach Burnett retired. 

23 minutes ago, Jason Bucklen said:

Good for Coach B! That man believed in his players when they didn’t believe in themselves I was one of those players. 

Now go enjoy your retirement Coach B! 

Okay everyone, I am going to have to push back against the Beechwood Authority and my post above.  This is from last month but assuming this is authentic (how do we know anymore) it does not sound like a retirement and I apologize everyone. 

coachb.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• theguru changed the title to Beechwood parts ways with longtime assistant Bob Burnett
1 hour ago, theguru said:

Okay everyone, I am going to have to push back against the Beechwood Authority and my post above.  This is from last month but assuming this is authentic (how do we know anymore) it does not sound like a retirement and I apologize everyone. 

coachb.jpeg

Wow. 

I’ve been Wow’d twice today. 

4 hours ago, theguru said:

coachb.jpeg

This is the wording I was told as well but didn’t want to release it in that manner. I was told that coach Volker told him there was no need for him any longer. Interesting move for a second year coach to let a coach that is Beechwood through and through for years go. 
I wonder if there is any other back story as to the reasoning. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Buck2 said:

This is the wording I was told as well but didn’t want to release it in that manner. I was told that coach Volker told him there was no need for him any longer. Interesting move for a second year coach to let a coach that is Beechwood through and through for years go. 
I wonder if there is any other back story as to the reasoning. 

If true, wow just wow.  Especially considering the Beechwood offense was so incredible this year and the Beechwood defense left a lot to be desired.  Add that to not making the finals and the speculation that Coach Volker could possibly see the Beechwood job as a stepping stone.

Could there be a crack in the Beechwood Dam already?

I’ll agree with everyone else if the message to the players is fact…wow! I know this, Coach B’s shoes will NEVER be filled and it will be interesting to just the how the OL performs next season. 50 years of knowledge AND connecting with every player you come in contact with is a rare find, Coach B. had both. 

Good luck to Coach B. with your future endeavors, job well done…

• Like 1

A little update, I was told he was isolated on the way down to the Mayfield game and everyone thought it was odd when he was on the cheerleader and freshman bus. Not a good look if you ask me. Even if you don’t agree or like him coaching your oline you don’t just get rid of a coach of 50 years and a loyal Beechwood person.