Bengals 27 Vikings 24 (OT)

11 minutes ago, hrcarrier said:

There are two certain things that are clearly known from this game and one has been known for quite a while. Browning has been amazing at quarterback for having to fill Burrowing place. And the Bengals HAVE TO KEEP HIGGINS regardless of what happens the rest of this season.

And Browning has done his job over his games played.

In today's NFL, it looks more and more like WR is becoming as important as QB.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

Did Chase Brown get hurt today? I don't think he played in the second half.

I don’t think so. I just think they kept with Mixon because he had the hot hand and was running angry. Which was probably because of Brown starting over him lol. I liked how it went, plus having a fresh Mixon in the 4th is nice. 

7 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

I don’t think so. I just think they kept with Mixon because he had the hot hand and was running angry. Which was probably because of Brown starting over him lol. I liked how it went, plus having a fresh Mixon in the 4th is nice. 

How about that TD where Pace unloaded on Mixon in the hole and Mixon's second effort got in for the score?

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

They used Williams on several plays in the second also and no Brown.

There was a quick sideline shot of Brown reaching down for his knee or ankle and I am not sure he played after that.

In looking a little closer to the standings if the Lions win tonight and the Titans beat the Texans (which is not as big if Stroud doesn't play) and the Cowboys beat the Bills. The Bengals would really be in a position to then control their own destiny. They would be a game up on 4 of the 5 teams fighting for the last two wild card slots. Those 4 teams would be the Steelers, Bills, Texans, and Broncos. They would hold the tiebreaker only on the Bills and the Colts. Tonight and tomorrow could be big forth the Bengals going into the Steelers game next Saturday.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

They used Williams on several plays in the second also and no Brown.

There was a quick sideline shot of Brown reaching down for his knee or ankle and I am not sure he played after that.

Maybe there is something wrong, but as far as I know there is not. I do know with them trailing by 14 in the 4th. They like Williams much better for pass protection, so that is why I assumed he was in. However, maybe there was an injury I was unaware of. 

17 minutes ago, theguru said:

I agree and again Mixon deserves a big pay increase. 

Pay increase? I love Mixon and the energy he has always brought, but I don’t know about a pay increase. Imo he is coming closer to that running back wall backs eventually hit. I think the pay cut he took this year, is still more than what he would get in the open market if he was a FA.  Running backs are one of the most easiest positions to replace in this league, so usually doesn’t make sense to pay them. As we are seeing with how good Chase Brown has looked too. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

Pay increase? I love Mixon and the energy he has always brought, but I don’t know about a pay increase. Imo he is coming closer to that running back wall backs eventually hit. I think the pay cut he took this year, is still more than what he would get in the open market if he was a FA.  Running backs are one of the most easiest positions to replace in this league, so usually doesn’t make sense to pay them. As we are seeing with how good Chase Brown has looked too. 

I know fc, I know, but he deserves something more than what he played for this year.