Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Open Job: South Laurel

Featured Replies

Per Les Dixon, Coach Allen Mitchell has stepped down after two seasons as head coach of the Cardinals. Allen was promoted to head coach after Jep Irwin vacated the job to become athletic director at South Laurel in June of 2022.

Surely there is some interest in this position?

18 hours ago, LoneRanger said:

Surely there is some interest in this position?

When was the last time South Laurel has had success in football?

3 hours ago, Relentless2020 said:

When was the last time South Laurel has had success in football?

11-2 in 1999 followed by some lean years. Jep Irwins 1st Tour of Duty in mid 2000s capped by a 9 win season in 2005. Chappell and Burdine kept them around .500 for most of their years. 
Unless I’m missing something…

Lack of a little league program and stigma of a basketball school kills South. All the kids in the tri county that can play, play in the TCSA and Corbin makes sure they keep those kids from youth league up. 

The Burdine era didn’t do South any favors. I also believe that with the current layout, North is the school choice for football. I do think South has talent, and can really see the program turn around quicker than later if they can bring in a good hire. Tough district, need a good hire! 

A name I’ve heard is Neal Warren. 

  • Author
9 minutes ago, BobbyKnight said:

A name I’ve heard is Neal Warren. 

I remember reading about a Neal Warren playing hoops for South Laurel in the late 90s. Same guy, I assume?

Any ideas on his coaching resume?

29 minutes ago, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

I remember reading about a Neal Warren playing hoops for South Laurel in the late 90s. Same guy, I assume?

Any ideas on his coaching resume?

Was a heck of a QB for them during that late 98 - 99 time frame. Played at Georgetown. 

On 12/18/2023 at 11:42 PM, LoneRanger said:

Surely there is some interest in this position?

Isn't one of BC assistants from down that way?

Hines from PC!?!?

1 minute ago, LC-Flyboy said:

Isn't one of BC assistants from down that way?

It’s Travis Burns’ alma mater. 

This rumor is all over Facebook this morning. 

Screenshot_20231224-101832_Facebook.jpg

Travis Burns or Johnny Hines would both be strong hires. 

 

Merry Christmas BGPreps!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.