Bills 20 Chiefs 17

18 hours ago, DragonFire said:

I can't believe both Mahomes and Reid went out to the presser and went against that call.  Reid said it was embarrassing for the NFL.  I agree, it's embarrassing that your reigning Super Bowl champions - who benefited from an IFFY call in that Super Bowl to win it - throw tantrums and complain about a call that they also acknowledge was correct.  Andy's argument was that the officials usually warn him.  Are they obligated to do so? Or should your player check with the official to make sure that he is onside and be onside as is his responsibility.  Mahomes said it didn't affect the play/they didn't get an advantage.  Which.... irrelevant.  But think of the times that he draws a player offside who takes a step over the line and is on his way back when the ball is snapped.  Did that player gain an advantage on that? Didn't stop you from gaining the penalty yardage or the big play that you picked up on a free play. 

I have no special dislike of Mahomes, Reid, or the Chiefs.  Like every team that is on top that isn't your team, people do eventually want to see them knocked off, so there is certainly some level of that for me in being irritated with the Chiefs from time to time.  But this particular case, I'm just stunned at the way Mahomes conducted himself and that he doubled down on it.  Like @bugatti said, they're probably upset at Toney and can't direct their ire that way.  But this is an atrocious look publicly.

Agree, Reid and Mahomes both were celebrating the hold in SB, was that embarrassing to the NFL???!!!  The only thing embarrassing last night was those 2!!!  AND Toney of course!!!

Good call here. But we see this every week as well, in every game. The tackle leaves a split second before the snap on a pass play, or just doesn’t line up correctly at all and it’s never called. The lax on rules enforcement and over officiating has led the NFL to where it currently is. It’s been a long time coming but maybe just maybe the NFL guys won’t be worried about losing their gig and call the game with rules knowledge with common sense sprinkled in.

On NFL Live today on ESPN one the guys on the show Dan Orlovsky showed clips that showed Toney actually lined up offsides the same way 4 or 5 other times in the game and not one time did he look at the line judge like you are taught in middle school football to see if he was good.

• Like 1