Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Christian Academy of Louisville vs. Bell County Predictions/Updates (3A State Championship)

Centurions vs. Bobcats 88 members have voted

  1. 1. The Class 3A State Champion Will Be...

    • Christian Academy of Louisville
      94%
    • Bell County
      5%

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 12/02/2023 at 05:00 PM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

3 minutes ago, 9068 said:

That should not happen in KY High School Football.

I would rather there be a delay with someone correcting the officials than the apparent blown call in the Pikeville/Raceland game that locked the game up for Pikeville.

I know this angers a lot of people but the officials are an issue every year in the state finals.  The games are on a big stage and not everyone is up to the challenge. 

  • Replies 163
  • Views 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Would not be surprised if CAL gets a running clock. I doubt this one will be close.  

  • This one could be a running clock in the 1st half. Thomas is a phenomenal back but he hasn’t faced a team like CAL. After seeing Bell in person tonight I believe that CAL Will be able to score on

Posted Images

Bell has another 4th down on their side of the field. 

4th and 5 at their own 49.

Bell threw a double pass and the receiver made a great play on the ball and catch but he was out of bounds.

CAL ball, warm up the buses...

CAL fumble, Bell scoop and return to the CAL 49.

34-16 CAL with 745 left in the game. 

2 minutes ago, theguru said:

I would rather there be a delay with someone correcting the officials than the apparent blown call in the Pikeville/Raceland game that locked the game up for Pikeville.

I know this angers a lot of people but the officials are an issue every year in the state finals.  The games are on a big stage and not everyone is up to the challenge. 

Very rarely are officials talked to during the game. There is a pregame meeting with the higher ups, and then evaluation after. Who would “correct” them?

Another first down throwing for Bell, they are on the CAL 39.  I mean, they are not going to win the game but Bell is still impressive in this one. 

Just now, atm10 said:

Very rarely are officials talked to during the game. There is a pregame meeting with the higher ups, and then evaluation after. Who would “correct” them?

I don't know, I am speculating.  What I know is I don't like some of what I see.  But then again, it happens at the pro level too and even the Pros don't shoot straight with us so who really knows what happens behind the scenes. 

CAL has the ball back, this is over with 6 minutes to play.

Just now, theguru said:

I would rather there be a delay with someone correcting the officials than the apparent blown call in the Pikeville/Raceland game that locked the game up for Pikeville.

I know this angers a lot of people but the officials are an issue every year in the state finals.  The games are on a big stage and not everyone is up to the challenge. 

I agree. But there is no replay in KY HS football. This is similar to the shot clock debate in basketball. Bottom line...... $$$s and staffing. There's not enough officials now. It takes a while to put any kind of replay in place and equipment is necessary. When I worked State final games I was with a 5 man crew from the NKOA, not my regular crew. We used the same mechanics and traveled together. Worked rounds 3 and 5 together. Now they use 7 man mechanics, officials from different associations, and I would assume some have not used those mechanics nor worked games like these. Just my opinion.

Bell County has zero pass rush, maybe the worse pass rush of all time in a game this meaningful. 

Just now, 9068 said:

I agree. But there is no replay in KY HS football. This is similar to the shot clock debate in basketball. Bottom line...... $$$s and staffing. There's not enough officials now. It takes a while to put any kind of replay in place and equipment is necessary. When I worked State final games I was with a 5 man crew from the NKOA, not my regular crew. We used the same mechanics and traveled together. Worked rounds 3 and 5 together. Now they use 7 man mechanics, officials from different associations, and I would assume some have not used those mechanics nor worked games like these. Just my opinion.

I know there are no easy solutions, the money is not there, "everyone" hates on the officials, and it probably isn't going to improve very much. 

17 minutes ago, theguru said:

First down Bell at the CAL 20.  He caught the ball around the 30 and they did the new wave rugby thing for 10 yards to the 20.   It all looked like a dance routine.  Players at all levels don't tackle consistently. 

End of the 3rd quarter.

28-16 CAL.

Bell at the 20 of CAL, first down.

 

Nobody tackles low today. That is true on all levels of football. Players tackle high and the engine keeps churning. You have to to take out the engine when you tackle.

Just now, Voice of Reason said:

Nobody tackles low today. That is true on all levels of football. Players tackle high and the engine keeps churning. You have to to take out the engine when you tackle.

Right, it was very typical of what I see on all levels of football.  Add that to all the silly, immature defensive celebrations in the Pros and I am a card carrying member of get off my lawn all you football kiddos. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.