Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bullitt East vs. Ryle Predictions/Updates

Who wins? 61 members have voted

  1. 1. Who Wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I would guess the large majority of BGP members are from NKY so a poll bias is normal when facing a team from elsewhere in KY. I would expect a close and hard fought game. If for some reason it’s not close, I expect it will be a fun night in Union.

  • Replies 66
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Runcible Owl
    Runcible Owl

    One of Verax's strong points is the ability to score with his feet. Another is to amass passing yardage - 2,808, wow! He's also leading an offense that's scoring 33 ponts per game - that's 7th am

  • MaddenCurse44
    MaddenCurse44

    Good luck Ryle!

  • Unrivaled97
    Unrivaled97

    The Chargers will give a good account of themselves.  Now, will that be good enough to win?  We’ll see soon enough.  Looking forward to the trip to Ryle on Friday.

Posted Images

48 minutes ago, theguru said:

Honestly I think you just did that.

With RO, I am stuck here:

Rocket Science Complicated GIF - Rocket Science Complicated Difficult GIFs

Really? RO first used a cherry picked metric to apparently undermine his season.

Maybe I misunderstood, but it certainly felt off topic and like a shot. If it wasn’t, by bad.

All those QB’s had great seasons. 

 

5 minutes ago, footballfan21212 said:

Really? RO first used the word “last” when describing Verax after cherry picking a single over rated QB metric. It seemed off topic and a direct shot at him.

 

Really!  I can't find where RO used the word last, but I can find you using it twice.

21 minutes ago, theguru said:

Really!  I can't find where RO used the word last, but I can find you using it twice.

I did edit because the term he used was “highest” when discussing his negative cherry picked, seemingly off topic stat. 

QB metrics can be very deceiving. There are many to choose from. He chose to bring his TD/INT one from left field in response to someone else’s nice overview of NKY’s top QB’s.

It seemed like a dig at one of the state’s top QB’s to me. 
 

 

Just now, footballfan21212 said:

I did edit because the term he used was “highest” when discussing his negative cherry picked, seemingly off topic stat. 

QB metrics can be very deceiving. There are many to choose from. He chose to bring his TD/INT one from left field in response to someone else’s nice overview of NKY’s top QB’s.

It seemed like a dig at one of the state’s top QB’s to me. 
 

 

Or an alternative way to analyze the QBs.

Either way, I think Verax is a fine high school QB. 

40 minutes ago, footballfan21212 said:

Really? RO first used a cherry picked metric to apparently undermine his season.

Maybe I misunderstood, but it certainly felt off topic and like a shot. If it wasn’t, by bad.

All those QB’s had great seasons. 

 

I believe it is RO working on one of his passions in life, analytics.  I do not believe there is any way that RO would ever take a shot at a high school football player. 

9 minutes ago, theguru said:

I believe it is RO working on one of his passions in life, analytics.  I do not believe there is any way that RO would ever take a shot at a high school football player. 

I can't see that either.  But to be honest, it's not the TD/INT ratio that surprises me per se.  Ryle puts the ball in the air quite a bit so the 8 INTs aren't necessarily surprising to me, but the fact he only has 24 TD passes this season.  As solid of a QB as he is and the fact they put the ball in the air as much as they do (they have almost more pass completions this year than rushing attempts), I figured he would have well over 30 at this point in the season.

51 minutes ago, Unrivaled97 said:

I can't see that either.  But to be honest, it's not the TD/INT ratio that surprises me per se.  Ryle puts the ball in the air quite a bit so the 8 INTs aren't necessarily surprising to me, but the fact he only has 24 TD passes this season.  As solid of a QB as he is and the fact they put the ball in the air as much as they do (they have almost more pass completions this year than rushing attempts), I figured he would have well over 30 at this point in the season.

One of Verax's strong points is the ability to score with his feet. Another is to amass passing yardage - 2,808, wow!

He's also leading an offense that's scoring 33 ponts per game - that's 7th among those teams still chasing a title.

Rushing TD leaders for the 16 remaining 6A QBs: 

12 Zwernemann, Bullitt East 

11 Witherington, Tates Creek

6 Verax, Ryle 

6 Cutwright, Bryan Station 

Logan's "Ratio" is almost identical to Trinity's Zane Johnson. That's good company to me, and Verax has more success running the ball. 

There's a bumper crop of good QBs in NKY and Verax is among them. Wishing him every success. 

Lastly, ?‍☠️!

32 minutes ago, Unrivaled97 said:

I can't see that either.  But to be honest, it's not the TD/INT ratio that surprises me per se.  Ryle puts the ball in the air quite a bit so the 8 INTs aren't necessarily surprising to me, but the fact he only has 24 TD passes this season.  As solid of a QB as he is and the fact they put the ball in the air as much as they do (they have almost more pass completions this year than rushing attempts), I figured he would have well over 30 at this point in the season.

As mentioned, Ryle had no cupcakes. 8 of their 11 games they were underdogs or at best, evenly matched games. The other 3 were Campbell County, Conner, and Great Crossings who aren’t push overs. I would assume that with a weaker schedule, his All State #’s would look even better.

1 hour ago, footballfan21212 said:

As mentioned, Ryle had no cupcakes. 8 of their 11 games they were underdogs or at best, evenly matched games. The other 3 were Campbell County, Conner, and Great Crossings who aren’t push overs. I would assume that with a weaker schedule, his All State #’s would look even better.

So they were underdogs or at best evenly matched against Southern?  Anyway, nobody is disparaging the young man.  I guess it’s a good thing they have a cupcake tomorrow night, with the weak schedule BE has played and all.  Anyway, question for everyone….what is a good place to eat in Union?

11 minutes ago, Unrivaled97 said:

So they were underdogs or at best evenly matched against Southern?  Anyway, nobody is disparaging the young man.  I guess it’s a good thing they have a cupcake tomorrow night, with the weak schedule BE has played and all.  Anyway, question for everyone….what is a good place to eat in Union?

Now don’t go putting words in my mouth! I was referencing the games they scheduled.

It should be a great game. Another toss up for sure! For the record, we were all pulling for BE last year. Incredible run! Good luck tomorrow night.

if you’re looking for a sports bar, I’d suggest Barleycorns, Blind Squirrel, Wings and Rings, or Longnecks. All are solid.

There will be an unofficial tail-gating area going on near the field house. Feel free to come join. We won’t bite.

 

 

2 hours ago, Unrivaled97 said:

I can't see that either.  But to be honest, it's not the TD/INT ratio that surprises me per se.  Ryle puts the ball in the air quite a bit so the 8 INTs aren't necessarily surprising to me, but the fact he only has 24 TD passes this season.  As solid of a QB as he is and the fact they put the ball in the air as much as they do (they have almost more pass completions this year than rushing attempts), I figured he would have well over 30 at this point in the season.

This is what I’m thinking too, surprised it’s not higher than 30 at this point. Very surprising. 

He’s a solid HS QB and I foresee a close fun game this weekend. 

 

2 hours ago, Unrivaled97 said:

So they were underdogs or at best evenly matched against Southern?  Anyway, nobody is disparaging the young man.  I guess it’s a good thing they have a cupcake tomorrow night, with the weak schedule BE has played and all.  Anyway, question for everyone….what is a good place to eat in Union?

Boomtown Biscuits and Whiskey is a really good new place within 2-3 miles of Ryle HS. Excellent cuisine and not your typical fare.  
BE has a lot to be proud of the way they won state last year. I’m expecting a great ball game. Safe travels.

 

2 hours ago, Unrivaled97 said:

So they were underdogs or at best evenly matched against Southern?  Anyway, nobody is disparaging the young man.  I guess it’s a good thing they have a cupcake tomorrow night, with the weak schedule BE has played and all.  Anyway, question for everyone….what is a good place to eat in Union?

 

1 hour ago, footballfan21212 said:

Now don’t go putting words in my mouth! I was referencing the games they scheduled.

It should be a great game. Another toss up for sure! For the record, we were all pulling for BE last year. Incredible run! Good luck tomorrow night.

if you’re looking for a sports bar, I’d suggest Barleycorns, Blind Squirrel, Wings and Rings, or Longnecks. All are solid.

There will be an unofficial tail-gating area going on near the field house. Feel free to come join. We won’t bite.

 

 

I went to Longnecks tonight. First time I've ever been. The burger was highly recommended. It lived up to the billng. Excellent hamburger and the fries were good too, if that fills the bill for you on pregame food.

9 minutes ago, StraightShooter said:

Boomtown Biscuits and Whiskey is a really good new place within one mile of Ryle HS. Excellent cuisine and not your typical fare.  
BE has a lot to be proud of the way they won state last year. I’m expecting a great ball game. Safe travels.

 

Good one on Boomtown SS!  Any others?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.