2A Playoffs

BWTigers

11 hours ago, jeff jackson said:

I'd be upset if I were LCA. In most polls outside the rpi formula the KHSAA uses, LCA is #1 in AA and deserved. They've played a brutal non district schedule with great results. Now, for them to win a title, they'll have to beat Mayfield on the road, Beechwood on the road and then OB Catholic on a neutral field in the championship. That's brutal. If they do manage to win it with that 3 game gauntlet just tip your caps and give credit where credits due. 

As for Mayfield, they'd rather get LCA at home, regardless of the round you have to play them in. You're likely gonna have to beat them somewhere along the way anyhow, so, get any advantage you can and at War Memorial, the Cards are extremely tough to beat. 

Why would you be upset if you were LCA?  If your the "best" team in the state then prove it. 

LCA at Mayfield in Round 3 could/will be must see.  I think LCA is the best team in 2A but that trip helps even the playing field a little bit.  

What if Green Co beats Taylor Co on Friday?  Does anyone think the class bump win could push them ahead of LCA in the RPI?  Green is only .03 points behind.  I have attempted to calculate RPI on my own but after an hour an a migraine, I gave up hope.

1 hour ago, ApolloFan98 said:

LCA at Mayfield in Round 3 could/will be must see.  I think LCA is the best team in 2A but that trip helps even the playing field a little bit.  

What if Green Co beats Taylor Co on Friday?  Does anyone think the class bump win could push them ahead of LCA in the RPI?  Green is only .03 points behind.  I have attempted to calculate RPI on my own but after an hour an a migraine, I gave up hope.

And does a loss for OC drop them that much playing a 6a school?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ApolloFan98 said:

This late in the season, .03 is a big amount to gain. I ran an estimate of the RPI numbers and I think the only possible change in 2A RPI is LCA has a small chance of passing Beechwood and getting to #3.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

This late in the season, .03 is a big amount to gain. I ran an estimate of the RPI numbers and I think the only possible change in 2A RPI is LCA has a small chance of passing Beechwood and getting to #3.

4 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

What needs or doesn’t need to happen for them to get the three seed? 

4 hours ago, Jason Bucklen said:

I would say one thing for sure that could move the numbers a little bit is how Beechwood and LCAs prior opponents do this Friday. And several of each of their opponents have tough games this weekend that could go either way.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jason Bucklen said:

1 hour ago, Astro Domino said:

I would say one thing for sure that could move the numbers a little bit is how Beechwood and LCAs prior opponents do this Friday. And several of each of their opponents have tough games this weekend that could go either way.

As AD says, it will come down to OWP and OOWP. For Beechwood and LCA fans, pull up their schedule and root for every team you played to win Friday. What happens with the opponents could be enough to push LCA past Beechwood, assuming LCA beats Raceland.

On 10/23/2023 at 11:01 PM, jeff jackson said:

I'd be upset if I were LCA. In most polls outside the rpi formula the KHSAA uses, LCA is #1 in AA and deserved. They've played a brutal non district schedule with great results. Now, for them to win a title, they'll have to beat Mayfield on the road, Beechwood on the road and then OB Catholic on a neutral field in the championship. That's brutal. If they do manage to win it with that 3 game gauntlet just tip your caps and give credit where credits due. 

LCA gets punished for their district games being so poor. Right now they have two 0-9 teams on their schedule. That destroys Eagles’ RPI. In my opinion, the best way to fix RPI quickly would be not counting district games (required opponents).

It would reward teams for playing a tough schedule and not punish them for playing a 1-9/0-10 district team (something that they can’t help).

55 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

As AD says, it will come down to OWP and OOWP. For Beechwood and LCA fans, pull up their schedule and root for every team you played to win Friday. What happens with the opponents could be enough to push LCA past Beechwood, assuming LCA beats Raceland.

Oh ok I see thanks for the info. 

33 minutes ago, WishboneCity said:

LCA gets punished for their district games being so poor. Right now they have two 0-9 teams on their schedule. That destroys Eagles’ RPI. In my opinion, the best way to fix RPI quickly would be not counting district games (required opponents).

It would reward teams for playing a tough schedule and not punish them for playing a 1-9/0-10 district team (something that they can’t help).

Actually, LCA lost ground in RPI in out of district games. While the other three of the top 4 were beating 5A and 6A schools, LCA beat two 3A schools and one 5A school. That is why LCA has the lowest WP of the top 4 and trails Green County in WP also.

13 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Actually, LCA lost ground in RPI in out of district games. While the other three of the top 4 were beating 5A and 6A schools, LCA beat two 3A schools and one 5A school. That is why LCA has the lowest WP of the top 4 and trails Green County in WP also.

I stand corrected. What a disastrous calculation.