Bellevue vs. Dayton Predictions/Updates

859Radio

Who Wins?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm told this is the 150th Battle for the Paddle between Bellevue and Dayton, as the 3-3 Tigers visit the 4-2 Greendevils.  We have never had the opportunity to broadcast this famous rivalry, but that changes Friday 10/6 at 7:00.  This game will be broadcasted live on (859) Sports Radio!

Edited by 859Radio
grammar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No Mayer where this game is played, be extremely careful going up to the press box and bring and oxygen mask. Those two stadiums have some of the steepest stands I’ve ever seen. My dad would have me and my brothers run a lap at Bellevue Stadium then steps after each lap, until we got 2 miles in. 

I'm going with where my tax dollars are going. Go Tigers.

• Like 2

Will be a fun game this Friday. To those planning to come I’d get there a little early. There will likely be one more season at Davis Field after this one, but this will likely be the last game between Dayton and Bellevue there. A big crowd is expected. 

I am going with Dayton to win.. They are fewer In numbers but a deceptive 2-4 team. I still believe two of their losses should have been wins earlier on the road. Good luck to both teams.

On 10/1/2023 at 8:47 PM, 859Radio said:

I'm told this is the 150th Battle for the Paddle between Bellevue and Dayton, as the 3-3 Tigers visit the 4-2 Greendevils.  We have never had the opportunity to broadcast this famous rivalry, but that changes Friday 10/6 at 7:00.  This game will be broadcasted live on (859) Sports Radio!

I’m not sure how many tickets have been sold so far, but I was told by someone working at Dayton that “more were sold already than expected “. I bought mine earlier. Between parking being tight by the field and around there I’d definitely come early if planning to go or if tickets haven’t been bought online.

17 minutes ago, ProblemChild said:

Dayton have significant number of players sitting this one out due to suspensions?  Heard that some post game festivities at Marion County last week following the game led to this???

Don’t know, didn’t go or hear anything about it.

I heard something about that. Person who told me sounded like they heard it from someone who heard it from someone who heard it from someone. They just said they heard some football players got in trouble but no details. Hopefully that's not the case.