Sayre 75 Henry Clay 73 Double OT

Is this a district game? Was Bowman the PG?

Yes, this is a district game. I'm not sure about the specifics this year, but I know that last year Sayre only played Station, Scott Co, and HC once. The other teams play each other twice. I haven't looked at the schedule enough to know if that is the same this year or not.

Bowman played the PG some and the 2G some. Minifield also played PG some before his injury.

When did Bowman quit? I have watched him play twice this year and really liked his game. I thought that he was one of the most underrated players at his position in the state.

He did not start against Scott Co. He ended that game with 10 turnovers. He hasn't played since. Gumbo daddy reported it first.

Has Sayre ever won over Henry Clay?

Yes , Brad Nahra, Robbie Turner, and the Spartans of 1998 beat Henry Clay at Sayre on senior night it was sweet I believe that Cawood Ledford was in the house to announce the seniors. Brad went on to play at Arizona St. and have a good career! Sayre was my 1st job out of college! Go Spartans they will always have a place in my heart!

Sayre Gaurds 5'8 Dee Smith #31 and 6'3 Trae Cunningham #44 both scored 24 apiece. Henry Clays 6'5 Aaron Boyd #22 played well scoring 24 as well but that wasnt enough to hold off the Spartans. Even with Bowman being there it might not have made that big of a difference. Cunningham handled Boyd well in the second half and Smith made several clutch 3's. Sayre has another big game 1-23-07 against LCA in the first round of the All "A" Region. All "A" Region will be hosted at Sayre. Cunningham and Smith are both playing at the top of their games, this definitly makes them contenders to win All "A" State.