Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Quisenberry Boyle County Athlete

Featured Replies

Montavian Quisenberry may be the best pound for pound athlete in Kentucky? This is a great kid that keeps proving every game he can compete with the best of the best. He is most certainly not the biggest or fastest player on the field but finds ways to make incredible plays, leave defenders grabbing air and makes great contact when playing defense. He has been a huge impact for the Rebels. Kids got tons of heart! Best description I have heard is "Lightning in a bottle". Sure seems to fit this young man! Hope he continues to have a stellar year.

  • Replies 31
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • I applaud the kid and his family for doing what they felt was best and it seems their chance is paying off with the amount of attention he is gathering... Now for Boyle fans... EARMUFFS.  

  • Being at Boyle has definitely showcased his talents. Then the off season workouts are second to none. Being in the presence of a program like Boyle does way more for these kids than you might think. A

  • He has earned his offers at camps not because he plays for Boyle Co...

Posted Images

I applaud the kid and his family for doing what they felt was best and it seems their chance is paying off with the amount of attention he is gathering...

Now for Boyle fans... EARMUFFS.

 

image.jpeg.899174c71185c2fb310fbb5b5d22b014.jpeg

(I lowkey kind of would have liked to have seen what kind of season and excitement he would be generating if he were at Garrard still. Just think it would have been a sweeter story to watch play out kind of like WanDale at Western Hills)

  • Author

When you watch the game film it’s truly impressive! 

2 hours ago, ATLCat said:

I applaud the kid and his family for doing what they felt was best and it seems their chance is paying off with the amount of attention he is gathering...

Now for Boyle fans... EARMUFFS.

 

image.jpeg.899174c71185c2fb310fbb5b5d22b014.jpeg

(I lowkey kind of would have liked to have seen what kind of season and excitement he would be generating if he were at Garrard still. Just think it would have been a sweeter story to watch play out kind of like WanDale at Western Hills)

I get it. Could the same be said for transfers from other schools?  Mike Mitchell if he stayed at Cov Cath?  Didn’t David Jones transfer in to Belfry from across the creek?  

  • Author

This thread is just a few lines to support a great play making football player. Regardless of where he is playing it’s exciting to watch him play.

3 hours ago, RimRacker said:

When you watch the game film it’s truly impressive! 

He reminds me of Barry Sanders. I go to their games mostly to watch what he does as you know its a matter of time. For example, against LCA toward the end of the game when they needed to run out the clock, he broke seven tackles trying to stay in bounds. That was more impressive to me than the 75-yard TD run in the possession before. He seems to never take the easy way out, instead fights for every yard. 

20 minutes ago, Arndog said:

He reminds me of Barry Sanders. I go to their games mostly to watch what he does as you know its a matter of time. For example, against LCA toward the end of the game when they needed to run out the clock, he broke seven tackles trying to stay in bounds. That was more impressive to me than the 75-yard TD run in the possession before. He seems to never take the easy way out, instead fights for every yard. 

When I watch Boyle this week I am going to apply the Barry Sanders filter among other things. 

3 hours ago, Hatz said:

I get it. Could the same be said for transfers from other schools?  Mike Mitchell if he stayed at Cov Cath?  Didn’t David Jones transfer in to Belfry from across the creek?  

Probably not. 

CovCath isn’t exactly the small rural county school who doesn’t get to have a generational talent and Jones came from a different state so the interest probably wouldn’t be the same for Matewan, WV.

 

 

2 hours ago, Hatz said:

I get it. Could the same be said for transfers from other schools?  Mike Mitchell if he stayed at Cov Cath?  Didn’t David Jones transfer in to Belfry from across the creek?  

I look at transfers of these highly talented players as being mostly about winning titles in high school and playing against higher competition in high school. Players like Quisenberry would get the D1 scholarship no matter what high school they played at.

10 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I look at transfers of these highly talented players as being mostly about winning titles in high school and playing against higher competition in high school. Players like Quisenberry would get the D1 scholarship no matter what high school they played at.

I agree with that 100% and would take that a step further and say a player of Quisenberry's talent will draw many more scouts' eyes at a school like Boyle County than one that plays a much lesser competition schedule, thus providing more opportunities extending to the next level. 

51 minutes ago, Arndog said:

I agree with that 100% and would take that a step further and say a player of Quisenberry's talent will draw many more scouts' eyes at a school like Boyle County than one that plays a much lesser competition schedule, thus providing more opportunities extending to the next level. 

If Quisenberry played at Boo Hoo Heights in 1A, he would have 15+ D1 offers. When you have the talent, D1 will find you. 

He has earned his offers at camps not because he plays for Boyle Co...

41 minutes ago, LC07 said:

He has earned his offers at camps not because he plays for Boyle Co...

Do you think he attends some of those camps (Ole Miss, Michigan, VT, WVU) if not for being at Boyle though? I'm not entirely sure but I think members of the coaching staff took him to all those camps. I agree that his ability speaks for itself.

19 minutes ago, EagleRare20 said:

Do you think he attends some of those camps (Ole Miss, Michigan, VT, WVU) if not for being at Boyle though? I'm not entirely sure but I think members of the coaching staff took him to all those camps. I agree that his ability speaks for itself.

We all know when a SEC offer comes (UK) others will follow, it's a domino effect...I don't know the young man or his family personally but I'm not going to assume they couldn't get him to camps without Boyle Co. I think most families see it as an investment. The family pays the 20-50 dollar camp fees in hopes their son gets a full ride scholarship that can change his life forever

5 minutes ago, LC07 said:

We all know when a SEC offer comes (UK) others will follow, it's a domino effect...I don't know the young man or his family personally but I'm not going to assume they couldn't get him to camps without Boyle Co. I think most families see it as an investment. The family pays the 20-50 dollar camp fees in hopes their son gets a full ride scholarship that can change his life forever

I'm not assuming his family couldn't get him to camps without Boyle, I'm making that statement based off the pictures posted by his coaches and himself on social media. A UK offer to an in state kid doesn't equal Ole Miss or Michigan. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.