Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BluegrassPreps.com 2023 Class 5A Pre-Season Rankings

Featured Replies

Class 5A

1. Bowling Green vs. 2A #3 Lexington Christian Academy (at WKU, 8/19)

2. Scott County vs. Madison Southern at Great Crossing 

3. Woodford County vs. 6A #6 Bullitt East (at Mercer County, 8/19)

4. Highlands at 3A #3 Lexington Catholic 

5. Cooper at 4A #6 Bardstown

6. Owensboro at 3A #1 Christian Academy of Louisville 

7. Southwestern vs. 6A #7 Ballard at Campbellsville 

8. South Warren vs. 6A North Hardin (at Campbellsville, 8/19)

9. Greenwood vs. 4A Hopkinsville 

10. North Laurel vs. 3A #5 Bell County

Good to see everyone starting out with a tough game to start, except for one. 

2 hours ago, Down4theblue said:

Good to see everyone starting out with a tough game to start, except for one. 

Which team is not starting out with a tough game. Out of the top 10 listed all but 3 are playing a ranked team in one of the classes. Except the following: 

Scott Co. vs. Madison Southern

South Warren vs. North Hardin

Greenwood vs. Hopkinsville

I was just curious to which one of these 3 you were referring to. 

2 hours ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Which team is not starting out with a tough game. Out of the top 10 listed all but 3 are playing a ranked team in one of the classes. Except the following: 

Scott Co. vs. Madison Southern

South Warren vs. North Hardin

Greenwood vs. Hopkinsville

I was just curious to which one of these 3 you were referring to. 

I’m guessing he’s talking about Hoptown but I wouldn’t call them a slouch by any means.

43 minutes ago, Squirrel said:

I’m guessing he’s talking about Hoptown but I wouldn’t call them a slouch by any means.

Me either. I thought maybe it was the Scott Co. vs. Madison Southern game since Madison Southern is coming off a 3-8 season.

1 hour ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Me either. I thought maybe it was the Scott Co. vs. Madison Southern game since Madison Southern is coming off a 3-8 season.

Oh you’re probably right. I read that as Madison Central lol.

Edited by theguru
Rule 13

It’s Scott. Madison Southern is avg at best. But the rest of Scotts schedule is loaded. 

God I love it when y’all get it right. This looks perfect. 

Word is Hopkinsville handled South in a Scrimmage. Any word on that? 

1 hour ago, VF111 said:

Word is Hopkinsville handled South in a Scrimmage. Any word on that? 

Would that mean Hopkinsville is up or that South is down?

I think it’s too early but Dixie will be on the list soon enough.

21 minutes ago, Devils Fan said:

Would that mean Hopkinsville is up or that South is down?

South Warren went 6-6 last year hoisting their "worst" record since their inaugural season in 2011 when Mark Nelson took the team 4-7. Should speak volumes of what the program has turned into in such a short period of time, 3 state championships in their 12 seasons as a Varsity ball club. While the season didn't fulfill the expectation, they did lose a lot of talent from a good 2022 team. This will be their least talented team since HC Brandon Smith has taken over, the softened schedule in terms of who they've been competing against tells the tale of what is expected from the Spartans in my opinion. Hopkinsville is a gritty, physical team and when inexperience meets a team that flows to the ball like a bat out of hades it doesn't always go as planned. I expect a slow start from the boys in silver and blue but wouldn't chalk it up to be a breeze when you see them on the schedule.

@Devils FanIt's a respectful ranking and is well deserved because they'll compete with just about anybody every Friday night. However, I do believe they'll drop a couple early and finish 3rd in the district, but on the contrary, I'd hate to be the team to obtain a home playoff game and have to host the 6-4 Spartans. They intertwine with the Purples who have made it difficult for every team in their Region for the past 30 odd seasons to have success. I believe all 3 teams in DIstrict 2 (BG, SW, Gwood) are top 10 teams in 5A, unfortunately only one advances.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.