Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Sayre at Covington Holy Cross Predictions/Updates

Who wins this matchup? 19 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins this matchup?

    • Sayre
      63%
    • Covington Holy Cross
      36%

This poll is closed to new votes

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Sayre makes its second trip to Northern Kentucky this week to take on newly 1A Covington Holy Cross for the opening game of the season. Both these teams return over 2000 yards for the season and plenty of starters defensively.

Who wins this opening season 1A matchup? Does Sayre come out with a good opening season victory? Does Covington Holy Cross  put 1A on notice with a win?

21 minutes ago, Bac2369 said:

Sayre makes its second trip to Northern Kentucky this week to take on newly 1A Covington Holy Cross for the opening game of the season. Both these teams return over 2000 yards for the season and plenty of starters defensively.

Who wins this opening season 1A matchup? Does Sayre come out with a good opening season victory? Does Covington Holy Cross  put 1A on notice with a win?

Sayre takes this one.

What can the NKY folks tells us about Cov. Holy Cross?

good size for 1A and have some speed

1 hour ago, OMD said:

good size for 1A and have some speed

Yes and Yes

8 hours ago, nkypete said:

Yes and Yes

Does Brooks still play for HC?

7 hours ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Does Brooks still play for HC?

No

28 minutes ago, nkypete said:

No

Where did he go to?

3 hours ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Where did he go to?

He is at CCH.

A couple of factors I think are in play this week. 

I am hearing this game could be played at a neutral site. Has CHC signed an agreement with Thomas Moore to use their field? 

How does CHC respond to having two scrimmages last week? I also saw several kids on the sidelines without pads but in jerseys are these late additions to the team. CHC is very big up front and showed a lot of speed and quickness vs Dayton. 

Sayre has had a decent amount of time to rest up for this one after scrimmaging Thursday at Brossart. How do they handle the speed of Holy Cross? 

I think this will be a close first week game and a great first game matchup for CHC as they have now joined 1A. I am rolling with the Spartans in a dog fight. 

Sayre- 31

CHC-28

 

2 hours ago, Hard Work said:

A couple of factors I think are in play this week. 

I am hearing this game could be played at a neutral site. Has CHC signed an agreement with Thomas Moore to use their field? 

How does CHC respond to having two scrimmages last week? I also saw several kids on the sidelines without pads but in jerseys are these late additions to the team. CHC is very big up front and showed a lot of speed and quickness vs Dayton. 

Sayre has had a decent amount of time to rest up for this one after scrimmaging Thursday at Brossart. How do they handle the speed of Holy Cross? 

I think this will be a close first week game and a great first game matchup for CHC as they have now joined 1A. I am rolling with the Spartans in a dog fight. 

Sayre- 31

CHC-28

 

Holy Cross does not have their own home football field. @nkypete can tell us their home game arrangements. I believe Thomas More is where they are playing their home games. 

3 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Holy Cross does not have their own home football field. @nkypete can tell us their home game arrangements. I believe Thomas More is where they are playing their home games. 

Thomas More is where Covington Holy Cross plays their home games.  It is a great arrangement for the Indians.

6 hours ago, Hard Work said:

A couple of factors I think are in play this week. 

I am hearing this game could be played at a neutral site. Has CHC signed an agreement with Thomas Moore to use their field? 

How does CHC respond to having two scrimmages last week? I also saw several kids on the sidelines without pads but in jerseys are these late additions to the team. CHC is very big up front and showed a lot of speed and quickness vs Dayton. 

Sayre has had a decent amount of time to rest up for this one after scrimmaging Thursday at Brossart. How do they handle the speed of Holy Cross? 

I think this will be a close first week game and a great first game matchup for CHC as they have now joined 1A. I am rolling with the Spartans in a dog fight. 

Sayre- 31

CHC-28

 

The players on the sidelines without pads were not allowed to play since their enrollment process in the school was not entirely completed.  They should be added soon (as well as a couple more players too).  This is HC's largest roster in a number of years.  They have depth this year and the ability to rotate players in and out.

1 hour ago, nkypete said:

The players on the sidelines without pads were not allowed to play since their enrollment process in the school was not entirely completed.  They should be added soon (as well as a couple more players too).  This is HC's largest roster in a number of years.  They have depth this year and the ability to rotate players in and out.

Will any of the new additions be available this week? 

10 minutes ago, Hard Work said:

Will any of the new additions be available this week? 

 

10 minutes ago, Hard Work said:

Will any of the new additions be available this week? 

There are only a few and I haven’t heard anything. There are several freshmen, however, who will play significant roles in the game.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.