Kentucky WR Dekel Crowdus arrested

GOREDDEVILS

8 hours ago, GOREDDEVILS said:

When will these players learn that  even though they play for the Univeristy of Kentucky, they are not above the law.

Who says they think they are above the law? 

I'm not familiar with this case, did he try to get out of it by claiming that he's a football player?

7 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Who says they think they are above the law? 

I'm not familiar with this case, did he try to get out of it by claiming that he's a football player?

This is  numerous times under coach Stoops and Marrows watch that UK kids have been arrested. I think that  might be thinking  you are above the law. You don't see the basketball team having one kid get arrested. Tell me the last time The basketball  team  has  had one kid arrested?

10 hours ago, GOREDDEVILS said:

This is  numerous times under coach Stoops and Marrows watch that UK kids have been arrested. I think that  might be thinking  you are above the law. You don't see the basketball team having one kid get arrested. Tell me the last time The basketball  team  has  had one kid arrested?

I doubt they think, or maybe as you are inferring, are told they are above the law. 

News Flash, 20 year old college students make stupid decisions on every campus and every football team in the country. Some are swept away and never come to light while some make all the headlines. I'm more concerned with how coaches deal with these situations than blaming them for the stupid actions of one of eighty plus players on the team. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

I doubt they think, or maybe as you are inferring, are told they are above the law. 

News Flash, 20 year old college students make stupid decisions on every campus and every football team in the country. Some are swept away and never come to light while some make all the headlines. I'm more concerned with how coaches deal with these situations than blaming them for the stupid actions of one of eighty plus players on the team. 

Not to mention the football team has around 100 players on the rosters.  It's a simple numbers game.  

• Like 3

From the CJ:

Crowdus was charged with careless driving, marijuana possession and a first offense for driving under the influence, according to University of Kentucky Police Department Chief Joe Monroe. He was booked into the Lexington-Fayette Urban Fayette County Community Corrections and was released from the facility at 10:27 a.m. Sunday.

A UK athletics department spokesperson told The Courier Journal Sunday afternoon via text that the program is “aware” of the arrest “and dealing with it internally.”

5 hours ago, Jumper_Dad said:

The bottom line ios thety are   18+ and they are not above the law just like you and I. If we break the law we will get punished Just like they will in life.