Kentucky WR Dekel Crowdus arrested

GOREDDEVILS

2 hours ago, GOREDDEVILS said:

The bottom line ios thety are   18+ and they are not above the law just like you and I. If we break the law we will get punished Just like they will in life.

Is anyone saying they aren't or won't be punished? 

Hey, kids are going to be kids, anyone remember when you were 18 yrs old? Give these kids a break, football or basketball players have nothing to do with it, move forward and quit blaming coaches that have absolutely nothing to do with it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Again, who says they won't be?

That's not  for anyone to judge but the man  above. I lost a family member to drunk driving and I have no problem stepping up to the plate and advocating for safe responsible driving.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GOREDDEVILS said:

That's not  for anyone to judge but the man  above. I lost a family member to drunk driving and I have no problem stepping up to the plate and advocating for safe responsible driving.

Sure it is, that's why we have courts...to judge people's bad behavior. No one supports drunk driving. I'm not sure what your overall point is.

I understand being upset about the DUI, but you are acting like everyone is condoning it...no one is.

He'll be judged in court and punished internally by the football team...what else do you want done?

2 minutes ago, Jumper_Dad said:

Sure it is, that's why we have courts...to judge people's bad behavior. No one supports drunk driving. I'm not sure what your overall point is.

I understand being upset about the DUI, but you are acting like everyone is condoning it...no one is.

He'll be judged in court and punished internally by the football team...what else do you want done?

My point is there is a time   to grow up in life and act like a grown man and not a kid.

Just now, GOREDDEVILS said:

My point is there is a time   to grow up in and act like a grown man.

No one disagrees with that, but there will ALWAYS be people that exercise bad judgement.

How is that Stoops or Marrows fault as you eluded to earlier?

100's of people get arrested in this state every day, that doesn't mean that they think they are above the law no more than Kentucky Football players think they are. 

Are you or are you not considered a legal  adult at age 18 in the state of Kentucky? I can  debate   law all you want if you want.  Stoops  and Marrow  are not but they do seem  to be bad evaluator's of character. Something must be done about that as it looks  bad on Kentucky football and hurts Kentucky recruiting is   the  overall point I am trying to get at. I am a Kentucky fan above all else and want Kentucky to succeed.

2 hours ago, nikeman49 said:

Hey, kids are going to be kids, anyone remember when you were 18 yrs old? Give these kids a break, football or basketball players have nothing to do with it, move forward and quit blaming coaches that have absolutely nothing to do with it.

Oh I do but I used common sense and called a ride.

2 hours ago, nikeman49 said:

This kid is age 20 and old enough to know better. There is a difference between 20 and 18.  I am sure  the fact fact he was underage  drinking  didn't set to well with the uppers at UK. He  also cost himself a  dui  because he was under 21.

17 hours ago, GOREDDEVILS said:

Are you or are you not considered a legal  adult at age 18 in the state of Kentucky? I can  debate   law all you want if you want.  Stoops  and Marrow  are not but they do seem  to be bad evaluator's of character. Something must be done about that as it looks  bad on Kentucky football and hurts Kentucky recruiting is   the  overall point I am trying to get at. I am a Kentucky fan above all else and want Kentucky to succeed.

No one would disagree with the fact that the players who made these mistakes are adults according to the the law and made poor decisions. No one would also disagree that the players, and anyone for that matter, have ways to avoid these mistakes. The problem with your argument is that you clearly are trying to blame and criticize Stoops and Morrow for the decisions that, unfortunately, countless 18+ individuals make on a yearly basis. You are painting a program with a very broad brush based on the actions of a few; that, to me, is an ignorant decision. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

No one would disagree with the fact that the players who made these mistakes are adults according to the the law and made poor decisions. No one would also disagree that the players, and anyone for that matter, have ways to avoid these mistakes. The problem with your argument is that you clearly are trying to blame and criticize Stoops and Morrow for the decisions that, unfortunately, countless 18+ individuals make on a yearly basis. You are painting a program with a very broad brush based on the actions of a few; that, to me, is an ignorant decision. 

I'm not painting anything I'm spitting facts. Ask the coaches if bad publicity negatively affects recruiting and I think you will get  your answer.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, GOREDDEVILS said:

I'm not painting anything I'm spitting facts. Ask the coaches if bad publicity negatively affects recruiting and I think you will get  your answer.

No, you are not spitting facts. You are making a biased assumption that Stoops and Co. recruit players with bad character when in fact these same things happen at every single university across the country. 

• Like 1