Paducah Tilghman Fact - False

As to the state titles - I drove past their football stadium today:

43 Track (boys & Girls)

4 Football

2 Golf

2 Cross Country

1 Wrestling (last year)

3 Baseball - they are counting their 2A Titles in 2021 & 2022.  Is that cheating?  I don't know.  Maybe not.

On 6/26/2023 at 8:32 AM, Unrivaled97 said:

Is it true though?  Obviously someone had to fact check it.  Dobyns-Bennett in Kingsport TN shows 812 (No 18) varsity football wins & 2336 (No 1) varsity boys basketball win.  Is that incorrect? 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

I think it might have been correct as of early last year,Football of Kentucky DBA fact checked it when it was released last year.But his fact check could of been wrong also!

26 minutes ago, BigBlue92 said:

I think it might have been correct as of early last year,Football of Kentucky DBA fact checked it when it was released last year.But his fact check could of been wrong also!

The football win total for Dobyns-Bennett was from before the 2022 season so I don’t think that is accurate either.  I think it was simply an unfortunate oversight.  Regardless, it’s a great accomplishment to have that many wins in each sport.  I think the most shocking thing to me is Paducah Tilghman has 2k basketball wins….and 0 state titles in basketball.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2023 at 8:32 AM, D Wolf said:

As to the state titles - I drove past their football stadium today:

43 Track (boys & Girls)

4 Football

2 Golf

2 Cross Country

1 Wrestling (last year)

3 Baseball - they are counting their 2A Titles in 2021 & 2022.  Is that cheating?  I don't know.  Maybe not.

Are these overall state championships in track and field or individual events I have to be honest I don’t even know how they do track and field do they have an overall champion. They have so many individual events I think it would be easy to pile up championships.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Tkinslow said:

Are these overall state championships in track and field or individual events I have to be honest I don’t even know how they do track and field do they have an overall champion. They have so many individual events I think it would be easy to pile up championships.

That is overall championship in Track and Field!

4 hours ago, Tkinslow said:

There would be hundreds of individual state champions and relay teams but If it was easy, everybody would do it.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2023 at 12:24 PM, Tkinslow said:

Cool, that is impressive I have to be honest I didn’t have a clue how they even do it in track and field.

In Track & Field they have the champions per event and then in terms on total points scored there is a Boys Team State Champion and a Girls Team State Champion and then I think there might be an overall Team State Champion.