Open Job: Garrard County

8 hours ago, Lank said:

Like @BobbyKnightsaid, there is an announcement tonight and I have heard it will be Kasey McRay!

Kasey is a good coach and really well liked by everyone at Mercer.   He would do a good job there but ultimately a tough district for Garrard to have post season success. 

4 hours ago, titan101 said:

Kasey is a good coach and really well liked by everyone at Mercer.   He would do a good job there but ultimately a tough district for Garrard to have post season success. 

I mean not really, they have teams that can compete in the district most years. Keep Boyle from taking your kids year in and year out and this years season looks a lot different. 😁

Kasey will succeed immediately and build the program the right way. Home run hire for GC.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 5/22/2023 at 9:02 PM, Chosen1ne said:

I mean not really, they have teams that can compete in the district most years. Keep Boyle from taking your kids year in and year out and this years season looks a lot different. 😁

Kasey will succeed immediately and build the program the right way. Home run hire for GC.

I would love nothing more than to see Kasey go in there and dominate this district.  Garrard has not played in the region tournament since 2005 when they were in the 46tn district which means they are 0-18 in the 45th district for even making it to the district championship/region tourney.  With that said  I would think it’s fair to say they have had a rough time in a very tough district. 

20 minutes ago, titan101 said:

I would love nothing more than to see Kasey go in there and dominate this district.  Garrard has not played in the region tournament since 2005 when they were in the 46tn district which means they are 0-18 in the 45th district for even making it to the district championship/region tourney.  With that said  I would think it’s fair to say they have had a rough time in a very tough district. 

Especially with DCA and Boyle coming across the fortune of the transfer portal. No disrespect, just the truth. And of course, the powerhouse that has been Lincoln County. 

6 hours ago, Lank said:

Especially with DCA and Boyle coming across the fortune of the transfer portal. No disrespect, just the truth. And of course, the powerhouse that has been Lincoln County. 

With the exception of Ethan Cooper moving back to Garrard, they just don’t get the benefit of kids moving there for sports. Lincoln doesn’t get enough “credit” for the number of basketball transfers they’ve gotten over the years. And the players that have benefitted DCA over the past two years have come from other countries. I don’t consider that in any way similar to what Boyle or Lincoln gets.

On 5/22/2023 at 9:02 PM, Chosen1ne said:

They've really only lost Quisenberry to Boyle recently.  The other teams are usually just better in the district.  Wish Kasey alot of success, but they're graduating 4 SRs that logged a ton of mins/production.  Fugate and Noe are good foundational pieces, but would still put them behind DCA, Boyle and Lincoln in the pecking order.

1 hour ago, LethalPG said:

They've really only lost Quisenberry to Boyle recently.  The other teams are usually just better in the district.  Wish Kasey alot of success, but they're graduating 4 SRs that logged a ton of mins/production.  Fugate and Noe are good foundational pieces, but would still put them behind DCA, Boyle and Lincoln in the pecking order.

I've heard two other players who played significant minutes are possibly out the door too. 

12 minutes ago, burreaux said:

I've heard two other players who played significant minutes are possibly out the door too. 

And, you may be right.  I'm not "in the know" with current roster.  I was just referring to recent history.