KY HS Football Players Drafted

TheConch

Arils Beach from Ashland in 2001 but was signed by Green Bay as a free agent. Didn’t make it because of a severe high ankle sprain but was on IR for the season so got rookie minimum.  My brother ran into him during a middle school football game this past fall said he still looked like he was ready to play. He was a great kid we just had an extremely bad HC at the time he played at Ashland. I don’t know of any others from Ashland but Fairview had a stud running back in late 2000’s that made onto Cleveland roaster if I’m not mistaken played 3-4 years. 

I can think of at least 3 KY high school players who went undrafted, but had successful NFL careers.  I know there are more who made NFL teams, but these guys all played 6+ years & earned their pensions:

1. Joe Jacoby (Louisville Western - Washington Redskins)

2. Frank Minnifield (Henry Clay - Cleveland Browns)

3. Garry Williams (Louisville Seneca - Carolina Panthers) - my personal favorite; had the privilege to Coach him in high school.

On 4/21/2023 at 7:37 PM, tomcat1984 said:

Arils Beach from Ashland in 2001 but was signed by Green Bay as a free agent. Didn’t make it because of a severe high ankle sprain but was on IR for the season so got rookie minimum.  My brother ran into him during a middle school football game this past fall said he still looked like he was ready to play. He was a great kid we just had an extremely bad HC at the time he played at Ashland. I don’t know of any others from Ashland but Fairview had a stud running back in late 2000’s that made onto Cleveland roaster if I’m not mistaken played 3-4 years. 

I believe Cleveland has a couple of KY HS running backs…Chris Jennings (Fairview) and Travis Prentice (Manual), at least I think that’s correct.

On 4/20/2023 at 12:34 AM, Voice of Reason said:

1994: Marty Moore - R7 P222 - New England Patriots - Highlands

Mr. Irrelevant (last player drafted) but went on to have an 8 year career in the NFL. Father of Mason Moore, LCA WR who is now at Miami OH. 

Has at least one SB ring for sure.

I read a Tweet recently that broke down NFL draft picks in the last 10 years by state where they played high school football.  Florida had the most with over 300 I believe.  The state of Kentucky was low on the list with 18 draft picks in the last 10 years.  Every state had at least one except for Alaska and Vermont.  Kentucky had the lowest amount for all states that border us except West Virginia.  They only had 3.