Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Streaming Reds Baseball

Featured Replies

What is everyone using to stream Reds baseball this year? Wish Youtube TV still had the channel. 

1 hour ago, BLUEHOUND said:

What is everyone using to stream Reds baseball this year? Wish Youtube TV still had the channel. 

Blame Bally Sports for that. They were supposed to be creating their own Streaming Service, which never came to fruition and won't allow it on other streaming services.

Live in Central Kentucky and cannot track down where/how to watch the Reds.  

Any ideas?

Really miss watching some spring time baseball.

What is also a pain, the few times the Reds were on MLB or other network that I do get, they were blacked out last year. I have my service set to record them anytime they are on regardless of channel and they were only on a handful of times all last year that I could actually watch.

MLB blackout rules suck. I’m a Phillies fan and haven’t been able to watch 7 of their games because they played the Reds and were blacked out on MLB and not available locally because I cut the cord in January.

I tried Uzzu TV a couple years ago, and the streaming quality was solid.  At the time, you could select from the home or away broadcast of the games.  Looks like it's $20 per month, or $130 for the year.  

7 hours ago, rjs4470 said:

MLB blackout rules suck. I’m a Phillies fan and haven’t been able to watch 7 of their games because they played the Reds and were blacked out on MLB and not available locally because I cut the cord in January.

I tried to get the Reds radio broadcast on my phone and it was blocked. I just wanted the radio. Are radio broadcasts blocked from streaming also?

1 minute ago, Voice of Reason said:

I tried to get the Reds radio broadcast on my phone and it was blocked. I just wanted the radio. Are radio broadcasts blocked from streaming also?

I don't think so, but I haven't checked. I've always used Sirius/XM to stream games on the radio.

Just now, rjs4470 said:

I don't think so, but I haven't checked. I've always used Sirius/XM to stream games on the radio.

I googled wlw and another out of town station on my phone and went to the live broadcast. Both stations ran a message saying the broadcast is blocked. I was trying to get the radio broadcast only.

2 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

I googled wlw and another out of town station on my phone and went to the live broadcast. Both stations ran a message saying the broadcast is blocked. I was trying to get the radio broadcast only.

Interesting. I know MLB network also has an option for the radio broadcast which appears to be available, but like a mentioned, I use SXM to stream Phillies games, and used it all weekend to listen to the Reds. I did however listen to the Philadelphia Feed, not the Cincinnati feed, so that may have something to do with it. It seems even crazier that they'd block a free radio broadcast.

7 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I googled wlw and another out of town station on my phone and went to the live broadcast. Both stations ran a message saying the broadcast is blocked. I was trying to get the radio broadcast only.

As crazy as this sounds, I believe they block local access to listening to WLW over the internet for games.  That was the way it was a few years ago and maybe it is still that way.  They want you to use an old-fashioned radio.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.