Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Woodford County 55 Owen County 50 (8th Region Quarterfinals)

Featured Replies

15 minutes ago, Hoopstars said:

I do not think that is correct- you are saying tegan Moore got his 4th foul early in 3rd, so they sat him with 6 to go in the 4th. I don’t recall him getting in foul trouble but you may be right. 

Yes, he had 4 fouls.

  • Replies 64
  • Views 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Adrian Woj Burner
    Adrian Woj Burner

    My final view point on this Moore vs Johnson argument: Jasper Johnson is 100% the better basketball player. He is currently, will be his junior year, and his senior year. He will also be light ye

  • So, if he leaves him in with foul trouble and he fouls out at the beginning of 4th Q what's the narrative about the coach?  I don't know the coach/program from adam and apple, but seems like he's in a

  • Hoopstars
    Hoopstars

    Then I stand corrected!  Thanks. That 4-0 was a game changer though. Completely rattled Owen and shifted the momentum. 

Seems like both games had a lot of fouls called with teams getting to the bonus quickly. What region is officiating at Henry County? Plan for long games if you go!

26 minutes ago, ConverseAllStar said:

Seems like both games had a lot of fouls called with teams getting to the bonus quickly. What region is officiating at Henry County? Plan for long games if you go!

13th Region. And from my perspective they let them beat the heck out of each other. Especially the first game.

Moore had 4 fouls for part of the 3rd and all of the 4th quarters. I don’t recall the coach pulling him. I thought he played through the fouls till the end. Either way, Moore had several crucial turnovers, and the team had a ton of turnovers all game. After Moore got his fourth foul, Woodford started attacking the paint hard against the triangle and two that Owen had successfully ran all game. Moore stopped contesting shots because of foul trouble, and Woodford gradually reclaimed the lead. Owen put on a terrible performance for the final three minutes of the game. Coach and players completely folded. 

1 hour ago, bigapplekid said:

Moore had 4 fouls for part of the 3rd and all of the 4th quarters. I don’t recall the coach pulling him. I thought he played through the fouls till the end. Either way, Moore had several crucial turnovers, and the team had a ton of turnovers all game. After Moore got his fourth foul, Woodford started attacking the paint hard against the triangle and two that Owen had successfully ran all game. Moore stopped contesting shots because of foul trouble, and Woodford gradually reclaimed the lead. Owen put on a terrible performance for the final three minutes of the game. Coach and players completely folded. 

Sad, but true, that hurts, especially coming from a Grant County fan, ?.

13 minutes ago, Colonel-Rebel Fan said:

Sad, but true, that hurts, especially coming from a Grant County fan, ?.

Lol I was cheering for Owen. Disappointed that they lost. And I can’t believe Duvall is still coaching. He coached against me when I played and that was many years ago! 

1 minute ago, bigapplekid said:

Lol I was cheering for Owen. Disappointed that they lost. And I can’t believe Duvall is still coaching. He coached against me when I played and that was many years ago! 

He’s around 45-46 range so I’d say he has a few more years.  With having Moore on the team, I think it caused everyone else to default to him too much.  Ward is 6’9” for heaven’s sake.  Gotta get him involved more.  Ball handling was atrocious, but that’s where WCs athleticism showed up the most in the 4th quarter, causing a lot of turnovers by OC down the stretch.

I was pulling for Grant County too.  

So, if he leaves him in with foul trouble and he fouls out at the beginning of 4th Q what's the narrative about the coach?  I don't know the coach/program from adam and apple, but seems like he's in a "No Win" proposition with that decision.

17 minutes ago, bigapplekid said:

Lol I was cheering for Owen. Disappointed that they lost. And I can’t believe Duvall is still coaching. He coached against me when I played and that was many years ago! 

This is Duvall’s 17th season as head coach at Owen.

Obviously, with a division 1 player on the roster you would expect a better 4 year run.  But, is Woodford Co. not the better overall team and more talented across the board?

5 minutes ago, LethalPG said:

Obviously, with a division 1 player on the roster you would expect a better 4 year run.  But, is Woodford Co. not the better overall team and more talented across the board?

Probably, yes. But with a 15 point lead in the 3rd quarter? Come on. 

1 minute ago, Adrian Woj Burner said:

Probably, yes. But with a 15 point lead in the 3rd quarter? Come on. 

I totally get it, and all the points seem valid.  But, it's a 4 quarter game and teenagers have a tendency to start looking at the scoreboard and pressure sinks in.  The team coming from behind can play more free and loose.  But, with no shotclock I'm with you on closing that deal.

3 minutes ago, LethalPG said:

I totally get it, and all the points seem valid.  But, it's a 4 quarter game and teenagers have a tendency to start looking at the scoreboard and pressure sinks in.  The team coming from behind can play more free and loose.  But, with no shotclock I'm with you on closing that deal.

Especially with a player like that on your team. Shouldn't be many turnovers, and he shouldn't be giving it up much in that position. 

29 minutes ago, Colonel-Rebel Fan said:

He’s around 45-46 range so I’d say he has a few more years.  With having Moore on the team, I think it caused everyone else to default to him too much.  Ward is 6’9” for heaven’s sake.  Gotta get him involved more.  Ball handling was atrocious, but that’s where WCs athleticism showed up the most in the 4th quarter, causing a lot of turnovers by OC down the stretch.

I was pulling for Grant County too.  

I would think that it is a fairly simple concept. You have one of the best players in the state, along with a 6'9 guy in the paint. Your whole teams guards well, they did it all year. 

So, wouldn't you just turn everyone else on the team into knockdown shooters? I don't know, just seems like a pretty simple recipe to success in my eyes. 

34 minutes ago, Adrian Woj Burner said:

Probably, yes. But with a 15 point lead in the 3rd quarter? Come on. 

The cream usually rises to the top.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.