Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Woodford County 55 Owen County 50 (8th Region Quarterfinals)

Featured Replies

3 hours ago, bigapplekid said:

Moore had 4 fouls for part of the 3rd and all of the 4th quarters. I don’t recall the coach pulling him. I thought he played through the fouls till the end. Either way, Moore had several crucial turnovers, and the team had a ton of turnovers all game. After Moore got his fourth foul, Woodford started attacking the paint hard against the triangle and two that Owen had successfully ran all game. Moore stopped contesting shots because of foul trouble, and Woodford gradually reclaimed the lead. Owen put on a terrible performance for the final three minutes of the game. Coach and players completely folded. 

Go to the Glicod broadcast, he hits two ft’s to put Owen up 12, 7:43 left in 4th and gets subbed out.  Woodford gets two buckets before you can blink an eye, and Owen calls timeout.  Then Teegan is back in after the timeout.

Foul trouble or no foul trouble, you can’t take him out.  Had to be in there to help break the press. (And just for the record they weren’t pulling him for foul trouble they were pulling him for a breather.)

And per my previous post, Owen ends the game with two uncalled timeouts.  If you need to rest him call timeout.  
 

Huge mistake by Owen coach. 
 

H

U

G

E

  • Replies 64
  • Views 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • Adrian Woj Burner
    Adrian Woj Burner

    My final view point on this Moore vs Johnson argument: Jasper Johnson is 100% the better basketball player. He is currently, will be his junior year, and his senior year. He will also be light ye

  • So, if he leaves him in with foul trouble and he fouls out at the beginning of 4th Q what's the narrative about the coach?  I don't know the coach/program from adam and apple, but seems like he's in a

  • Hoopstars
    Hoopstars

    Then I stand corrected!  Thanks. That 4-0 was a game changer though. Completely rattled Owen and shifted the momentum. 

2 minutes ago, deepthreejack said:

Go to the Glicod broadcast, he hits two ft’s to put Owen up 12, 7:43 left in 4th and gets subbed out.  Woodford gets two buckets before you can blink an eye, and Owen calls timeout.  Then Teegan is back in after the timeout.

Foul trouble or no foul trouble, you can’t take him out.  Had to be in there to help break the press. (And just for the record they weren’t pulling him for foul trouble they were pulling him for a breather.)

And per my previous post, Owen ends the game with two uncalled timeouts.  If you need to rest him call timeout.  
 

Huge mistake by Grant coach. 
 

H

U

G

E

Assuming you mean Owen coach? Lol.

Anyways, as soon as the sub happened and they got a quick 4 points, timeout was called. I looked at the people sitting around me and said "game is over", and it was all WOFO as they call themselves for the remainder of the game. 

At what point do you draw the line with Duvall? I hate seeing my Rebels blow big games due to poor coaching. 

3 minutes ago, LLS10 said:

At what point do you draw the line with Duvall? I hate seeing my Rebels blow big games due to poor coaching. 

I would think someone with the tenure he has, it would be hard to just "draw the line". When you look at the big picture, he has had a successful career being an 'A' school. 

But... if you look at the amount of once in a lifetime talent he has had in just the last 10 years, that success doesn't look near as impressive. What is everyone in Owen County thinking? I'd imagine its split in opinions, but I am curious. 

2 minutes ago, Adrian Woj Burner said:

Assuming you mean Owen coach? Lol.

Anyways, as soon as the sub happened and they got a quick 4 points, timeout was called. I looked at the people sitting around me and said "game is over", and it was all WOFO as they call themselves for the remainder of the game. 

Yes I edited that.

I don’t think I’m saying anything controversial here, the strategy Owen coach employed didn’t work out.  Tried to rest Teegan and gave up a 4-0 run and all the momentum to Woodford.  

Call timeout after the FT’s to rest him.  Call TO’s during Woodfords run to set up a play/stop momentum.

Aftet the game the boxing term “game loser” popped in my mind.  That’s a fighter that shows up, fights hard, but is never believes he is gonna win.

The way Owen coached and played the 4th seemed like a “game loser” mentality.  Once Woodford started to make their run, Owen knew they weren’t gonna win..

 

 

 

 

Would the OC transfer we have heard so much about have made a difference?

I think Owen’s game plan was much better than Woodford.  Moore was the best player on the floor last night. Grant and Owen were much the same as in not a deep bench and had little room for mistakes and missed opportunities.  Woodford am North athleticism was too much.  Don’t think woodford out coached them at all. Turnovers killed Owen and was key factor for game.   Just Curious how many woodford kids took extra Covid year?  

1 minute ago, Woodsman said:

I think Owen’s game plan was much better than Woodford.  Moore was the best player on the floor last night. Grant and Owen were much the same as in not a deep bench and had little room for mistakes and missed opportunities.  Woodford am North athleticism was too much.  Don’t think woodford out coached them at all. Turnovers killed Owen and was key factor for game.   Just Curious how many woodford kids took extra Covid year?  

Thought both coaches were bad in this game...

Fatigue leads to poor decisions and turnovers . . . that cost Owen County late in the game.

4 minutes ago, LLS10 said:

Would the OC transfer we have heard so much about have made a difference?

I think you need to be on a varsity roster to make an impact on the game LOL. 

Coach Duvall is a good dude and played for OC.  He’s been pretty successful overall and I’m sure he’s the all time coaching wins leader by far.  He will coach there as long as he wants to.  
 

Did the Owen coach make some mistakes last night?  I'm sure he did.  I don't recall the last time I saw a perfectly coached game.  But did his mistakes cost his team a win?  I don't think so.  Frankly, he's got one player.  The 6'9 player referenced above, simply put, isn't very good.  No one on that team is very good, save Moore.  I hate to talk about kids that way, but to characterize the coaching properly, you have to assess what he's got to work with.  I thought for 3+ quarters they did about as well as an OC fan could hope for.  The other team was complicit in that:  not impressed with WC.  But the one thing WC has is length and athleticism (is that 2 things?  heh).  And they deployed it.  Their defense in the 4th was a frenzy.  And you could tell, obviously, OC did not have the athletes or skill to contend with that.  Each possession was a countdown to a turnover, almost literally.  You're crossing your fingers hoping to just get a shot off.  Moore had to carry them - he was the only viable alternative.  Viewed that way, it was only a question of time - was their enough time for WC to catch them.  And they did.  I'm not sure what the OC coach could have done to ward off that outcome.

7 minutes ago, Mojocat said:

 

Edited by Colonel-Rebel Fan
I regret comment

8 minutes ago, Mojocat said:

Did the Owen coach make some mistakes last night?  I'm sure he did.  I don't recall the last time I saw a perfectly coached game.  But did his mistakes cost his team a win?  I don't think so.  Frankly, he's got one player.  The 6'9 player referenced above, simply put, isn't very good.  No one on that team is very good, save Moore.  I hate to talk about kids that way, but to characterize the coaching properly, you have to assess what he's got to work with.  I thought for 3+ quarters they did about as well as an OC fan could hope for.  The other team was complicit in that:  not impressed with WC.  But the one thing WC has is length and athleticism (is that 2 things?  heh).  And they deployed it.  Their defense in the 4th was a frenzy.  And you could tell, obviously, OC did not have the athletes or skill to contend with that.  Each possession was a countdown to a turnover, almost literally.  You're crossing your fingers hoping to just get a shot off.  Moore had to carry them - he was the only viable alternative.  Viewed that way, it was only a question of time - was their enough time for WC to catch them.  And they did.  I'm not sure what the OC coach could have done to ward off that outcome.

But 1 District title, 1 All ¨A¨ title, and losing to GC in Finals? All with Moore. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.