January 12, 200719 yr So, if I understand.... If Jeff gets the OC job at Bama' => both are gone. If Jeff does not get the OC job, then Brian might stay and then Jeff might stay..... I know I'm reading way too much into all of this but it is shaping up like a package deal... Nothing new here.
January 12, 200719 yr So, if I understand.... If Jeff gets the OC job at Bama' => both are gone. If Jeff does not get the OC job, then Brian might stay and then Jeff might stay..... I know I'm reading way too much into all of this but it is shaping up like a package deal... Nothing new here. I don't think it's a quid pro quo package deal like that. Both will make the best decision for their own careers. Remember, UK fans were all in a tizzy over Jeff coaching Brian up too hard during the Rutgers game...:lol:
January 12, 200719 yr I think Brian wants to be sure. That explains the delay. In the end.... I think he is gone. Good luck Brian. I really enjoyed watching you over the years. I hope to see you lighting up scoreboards on Sundays soon.
January 13, 200719 yr I think he's gone as well...I dont think thats the best thing for him right now, but, I just think he's gone...He could use another year of development and I dont see his stock going anywhere but up with another year...The qb pool is pretty good this year and doesnt look as strong nx year...I can see him going as the 3rd or 4th QB in this years draft but #1 in nx years...Not alot of the lower tier NFL teams in need of a QB as bad as other positions this year...
January 13, 200719 yr New coach, and likely a new system. Injury the last two years. Stock is high. I say you take the money and run.
January 13, 200719 yr I think he's gone as well...I dont think thats the best thing for him right now, but, I just think he's gone...He could use another year of development and I dont see his stock going anywhere but up with another year...The qb pool is pretty good this year and doesnt look as strong nx year...I can see him going as the 3rd or 4th QB in this years draft but #1 in nx years...Not alot of the lower tier NFL teams in need of a QB as bad as other positions this year... No worse than third this year IMO. But where that is in the first round is up in the air. I'm thinking that he is hearing ten or above. If thats the case he can't say no.
January 13, 200719 yr No. He's rumored to be Saban's target for OC at Bama. Wow. Considering the resources Alabama is putting into its program ($4 mil/year for Saban), it would be impressive if JB could make that jump.
January 13, 200719 yr Stubbs has been hired as UL's coordinator...right? Then it is evident that UL will be running an offense like they ran at Tulsa not what they have been running at the Ville. If Borhm stays and his numbers suffer and is asked to run more then the potential for another injury increases. Then again he could flourish, but can his stock get any higher than it is now?
January 13, 200719 yr Two snippets that I heard today: 1 - that Brian maybe will have his press conference on Sunday afternoon 2 - that he picked up his books for this spring semester this past week. :banana: :banana:
January 13, 200719 yr I think Brohm goes. He'll go early, and coming back has lots of unknowns with the new coaching staff. I can't see him slipping past the 3rd QB taken, even though I'm not sure he's an NFL guy.
January 13, 200719 yr Author ^ how could he not be an NFL guy? He more cerebral than 99% of the college players out there, his arm strength is good, his touch is flawless, and his decision making is second to none.
January 13, 200719 yr Stubbs has been hired as UL's coordinator...right? Then it is evident that UL will be running an offense like they ran at Tulsa not what they have been running at the Ville. If Borhm stays and his numbers suffer and is asked to run more then the potential for another injury increases. Then again he could flourish, but can his stock get any higher than it is now? Did Bobby Petrino run the same offense in '98 that he ran in '04? Did he run the same offense in '04 that he ran in '06? The answer to both of these questions is 'no.' Kragthrope has said he'll put the best players on the field, and tailor all playcalling accordingly.
January 13, 200719 yr I would like to see Brohm stay at Uof L but I do believe that he is a good enough QB for the NFL.
January 13, 200719 yr With the problems Brohm has had with injuries, he needs to take his game to the NFL. It is too high of a risk to come back and take a chance of getting hurt (i.e. Michael Bush). I don't think Louisville will do near as good if Brohm leaves, but Cantwell will do fine.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.