Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Article about Tipping

Featured Replies

We’ve had conversations about this before. This article is about how every single business is asking for gratuities. I admit, I am a pretty good tipper at restaurants and for deliveries. I do not top at places where the employees make an actual wage. I also loathe seeing a tip jar at a drive-thru window. 

https://news.yahoo.com/tipping-getting-control-many-consumers-150210748.html

 

Everyone is getting squeezed.

If your business model requires your customers to directly pay your employees a living wage, you need a new business model.  There are many countries in the world where tipping is frowned upon.

7 minutes ago, The Raven said:

If your business model requires your customers to directly pay your employees a living wage, you need a new business model.  There are many countries in the world where tipping is frowned upon.

This. Businesses are trying to pass paying their employees onto the consumer. No thanks. 

This has been a topic of conversation among friends and I for a while.  I agree with whats been said thus far.

 

My wife and I have also noticed several businesses charging 3% or 3.5% convenience charges for using a credit card.  Which seems so weird after every single business has pushed for credit cards to be used in their stores.  

13 hours ago, sportsfan41 said:

This has been a topic of conversation among friends and I for a while.  I agree with whats been said thus far.

 

My wife and I have also noticed several businesses charging 3% or 3.5% convenience charges for using a credit card.  Which seems so weird after every single business has pushed for credit cards to be used in their stores.  

I get why businesses do that, especially small businesses. Credit card fees really add up and cut into margins. For a million $ business, that's $30k right off the top of your bottom line. With the transition to cashless transactions, businesses have no choice but to accept credit cards. As a consumer, it does suck, but again, I know why it's happening.

2 hours ago, rjs4470 said:

I get why businesses do that, especially small businesses. Credit card fees really add up and cut into margins. For a million $ business, that's $30k right off the top of your bottom line. With the transition to cashless transactions, businesses have no choice but to accept credit cards. As a consumer, it does suck, but again, I know why it's happening.

I get it too.  But I also don't consider a chain restaurant or a Harley Davidson dealership to be small businesses.  Those were our most recent dealings regarding that. 

I kind of never realized how out of control this actually is.  Tonight I went to the Reds game and every stand I went to on my level was self serve.  I walked in picked up my dog, pretzel and coke and walked up to an unmanned register to scan my stuff and self checkout and it still asked if I wanted to tip 10, 15 or 20%.  Luckily they had a button for no tip and also one for other (just in case 20% isn't enough?!?).  You literally did nothing.  I did it all and you still want an additional 20%.  To quote Dr. Evil,

"Um...How about, NO!"

2 minutes ago, Tranquility Base said:

"Um...How about, NO!"

cwb.gif

If I order standing up, there is zero tip involved. Usually how I approach it. 

1 hour ago, TheDeuce said:

If I order standing up, there is zero tip involved. Usually how I approach it. 

I did not tip the nice girl at Larosa's who handed me my pizza box last night. I feel like that's what Larosa's is paying her to do.

On 1/24/2023 at 9:50 PM, sportsfan41 said:

This has been a topic of conversation among friends and I for a while.  I agree with whats been said thus far.

 

My wife and I have also noticed several businesses charging 3% or 3.5% convenience charges for using a credit card.  Which seems so weird after every single business has pushed for credit cards to be used in their stores.  

 

On 1/25/2023 at 11:54 AM, rjs4470 said:

I get why businesses do that, especially small businesses. Credit card fees really add up and cut into margins. For a million $ business, that's $30k right off the top of your bottom line. With the transition to cashless transactions, businesses have no choice but to accept credit cards. As a consumer, it does suck, but again, I know why it's happening.

I know many businesses initially wanted to move away from cash to make theft by their employees more difficult. I wonder which ultimately costs businesses more: theft or credit card fees? If at all possible, I try to use cash only. I tend to spend less that way too. 

11 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

If I order standing up, there is zero tip involved. Usually how I approach it. 

I'm picturing @TheDeuce at Jeff Ruby's, rising out of his seat to order his surf and turf, then sitting back down, saving himself 18%.

17 hours ago, Tranquility Base said:

I'm picturing @TheDeuce at Jeff Ruby's, rising out of his seat to order his surf and turf, then sitting back down, saving himself 18%.

Modern Problems Require Modern Solutions GIF - Modern Problems Require  Modern Solutions Dave Chappelle - Discover & Share GIFs

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.