Grant County 71 Conner 44

1 hour ago, mcpapa said:

The most impressive thing on the list just might be beating Ashland in a close game in the AIT. EVERYBODY who has followed Eastern Kentucky hoops over the years know how rare that is. 

Ashland is a nice win but can’t be as impressive as what Grant did to Connor or North’s multiple wins over really strong completion. Lot of love for Simon Kenton on this board but to me North, Collins, Owen and Grant resumes are way more impressive. Simon Kenton has losses to some very average teams and narrow wins over pretty weak teams.  I think end of day SK is middle of pack in region. Good opportunities to prove me wrong coming up!

2 hours ago, mcpapa said:

The most impressive thing on the list just might be beating Ashland in a close game in the AIT. EVERYBODY who has followed Eastern Kentucky hoops over the years know how rare that is. 

I was curious, thanks for the information. I said last week in my review that SK was still awaiting their “statement” win. Someone replied and asked about this game, and I wasn’t sure how much of a statement win it was this year after losing some guys and their head coach. 

2 hours ago, Hoopstars said:

Ashland is a nice win but can’t be as impressive as what Grant did to Connor or North’s multiple wins over really strong completion. Lot of love for Simon Kenton on this board but to me North, Collins, Owen and Grant resumes are way more impressive. Simon Kenton has losses to some very average teams and narrow wins over pretty weak teams.  I think end of day SK is middle of pack in region. Good opportunities to prove me wrong coming up!

On paper I don’t disagree.  But as someone who has seen more than a few AIT games, it’s tough to get by the home team even in a down season. Just sayin’. 

12 minutes ago, mcpapa said:

On paper I don’t disagree.  But as someone who has seen more than a few AIT games, it’s tough to get by the home team even in a down season. Just sayin’. 

What are you saying about the goings on in the upper east side of the state Papa???😊

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hoopstars said:

The 8th Region is still WIDE open... exactly what no one expected coming into the season. Everyone predicted another Woodford County vs North Oldham regional final, and Woodford County is currently sitting at 6-9 ranked 10th in the region. However, they could still possibly make a run and end up right where they were expected. 

You can not forget about Spencer County, I had the opportunity to watch them for the first team this season last Friday, and while losing by 20+ to Owen County they still impressed me. This team plays quick, and shoots a ton of 3's. If they are hitting, they are a dominant team. 

Another sleeper team is Anderson County. The Bearcats are on a 9-game winning streak, and defeated #2 in the region (top-20 in the BGP state rankings as well) Collins last Friday night. 

Both South Oldham and Oldham County have the pieces to make a run, but for South it comes down to hitting shots. For Oldham, if Max Green is on his A game, and Amburgey continues to contribute at a high level they could be a team to look out for. 

Walton-Verona started off the season with some huge wins, and put up some ridiculous numbers on offense. Recently they have slowed down a bit, but if they get hot again they could be another team to put on the watch-list. 

There are still a possible 10-11 teams that could make a deep run in district and regional play, however the front runners are by far North Oldham and Collins. 

• Like 1