1st call for Snow (12/22-23/22)

nWo

I live right by 275 in Crestview Hills.   I can see the light from the lamps on the expressway, but can't make out the poles holding them up.   The light allows me to see that the wind has picked up and is blowing the trees pretty good now and will get worse during the overnight.

Not many cars on 275, but any car that isn't clearing the road or an emergency vehicle is one too many.

Oddly enough, there is not that much to shovel. The wind keeps blowing the snow from the driveway to the yard. I almost think I could go out with a push broom. The flakes are very light and dusty. 

16 minutes ago, PP1 said:

Oddly enough, there is not that much to shovel. The wind keeps blowing the snow from the driveway to the yard. I almost think I could go out with a push broom. The flakes are very light and dusty. 

It is hit or miss.  Some of the snow comes right off and the concrete is "wet" I assume from much warmer temps yesterday.  Some of the snow is a mixture of ice and it is very difficult to dent. 

6 hours ago, theguru said:

It is hit or miss.  Some of the snow comes right off and the concrete is "wet" I assume from much warmer temps yesterday.  Some of the snow is a mixture of ice and it is very difficult to dent. 

I agree.  The wind must have been crazy.  Some of my driveway was dry under the snow while other parts had a quarter inch layer of ice.  Shoveled what I could, threw salt on the rest and got in to find a warm adult beverage.

• Like 2