Top college football conference this year?

Diogenes

Is it too late to add a poll?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Is it too late to add a poll?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob McClellan thinks it was the SEC...

SEC shines in conference evaluations

Congrats to the Big East for going 5-0, making it the only conference to traipse through bowl season unscathed.

Since raising its football profile, the Big East has carried a chip on its shoulder because it often has been overlooked come bowl season.

So I'm not overlooking the league's performance. But … here's another bag of chips for you.

I can't, in good conscience, say the Big East performed the best of any conference in the postseason. You were favored in all five games, and two of the point spreads (Louisville and Rutgers) were among the five largest of the entire bowl season. While I realize not every league did what it was supposed to do (you know who you are, Big Ten and Big 12), it's still sort of underwhelming. Everybody was picking your teams to win. In the Rivals.com Bowl Pick 'Em contest that had more than 18,000 participants, the Big East team favored the least was Louisville, and it was picked by 82.9 percent to beat Wake Forest

I can't, in good conscience, say the Big East performed the best of any conference in the postseason. You were favored in all five games, and two of the point spreads (Louisville and Rutgers) were among the five largest of the entire bowl season. While I realize not every league did what it was supposed to do (you know who you are, Big Ten and Big 12), it's still sort of underwhelming. Everybody was picking your teams to win. In the Rivals.com Bowl Pick 'Em contest that had more than 18,000 participants, the Big East team favored the least was Louisville, and it was picked by 82.9 percent to beat Wake Forest

Under the circumstances provided, the Big East was incapable of performing any better than they did.

I think they would have done well against better competition. If we could have seen Louisville vs LSU, Rutgers vs Wisconsin, and WVU vs Arkansas. I think we would still have been impressed with the Big East performance as these would have been closer matchups.

I think they would have done well against better competition. If we could have seen Louisville vs LSU, Rutgers vs Wisconsin, and WVU vs Arkansas. I think we would still have been impressed with the Big East performance as these would have been closer matchups.

I would have liked to have seen an LSU/Louisville game. I don't think Louisville would win without a healthy Bush though.

All the Big East teams were favored because none of the 3 Top teams from the Big East, all of whom were ranked in the top 6 in the country at one time this season were invited to play a Top Ten team or a team from the PAC 10, Big Ten or SEC in a bowl game. Now that is odd.

Answer this one for me? What are the odds of that happening to the top 3 teams from the Big Ten, PAC10 or SEC.