Ashland - Russell Predictions

Two of the top teams in the 16th region square off on Friday night at Russell. Any thoughts or predictions on this one? I hink this one will be a tough game for both teams. I predict the Ashland minor upset in this one.

Ashland 64

Russell 61

Yep was considering starting a prediction thread for this. Big, big game for both teams, course that goes without saying. I think home court proves to be big and I will take Russell by 5-10. However if Ashland goes in and wins, I really wouldn't see it as an upset. We still have a month left in the season, but if Russell were to lose to Boyd and Ashland back to back, we clearly could make a case for about 3 or 4 teams being #1 in the region.

Ashland is playing great ball right now. Thomas will be a huge factor in this game, not just on the offensive end, more importantly on defense. I think Thomas will make Vanhoose work hard for every point he gets. I think Ashland takes this one.

Ashland 67

Russell 62

No Jacob Sizemore or Kasey Clark this yr. They are the two that have hurt the t cats every year. Without these two I dont think Russell can pull it out.

Not having those two definitely hurts.

But Robinson has looked very good at times and Gill is much improved from last year.

I still think Russell has the advantage.

I'll have to give Russell the advantage because of playing at home. I figure it to be a close game as it usually is. I also look for it to be another low scoring affair.

Russell 47

Ashland 42

What happened to "Buddy Ball"?

I'm still working on my prediction, but my guess is the wining team will be in the 60's to high 50's, I think I will go back and see what teams they have in common that both have played? Can you save me some time and help a brother out?:D

What happened to "Buddy Ball"?

I'm still working on my prediction, but my guess is the wining team will be in the 60's to high 50's, I think I will go back and see what teams they have in common that both have played? Can you save me some time and help a brother out?:D

It's hard to have a common opponent with Russell, they have played Raceland 17 times.:D I will go with the home team by a small margin. Ashland has been playing well but in games that are this tight I go with the home folks.