Lloyd at Beechwood Predictions/Updates

Lloyd at Beechwood State Semi-Finals  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Lloyd
    • Beechwood

This poll is closed to new votes

On 11/23/2022 at 9:38 AM, theguru said:

When is the last time Lloyd beat Beechwood?

4 hours ago, DRKARK said:

I Believe Lloyd won in 1996 and 1997. The score  was 21-20 and 14-12. So 1997 would probably be the last win.

Lloyd beat the Tigers in 2002. And the scores are correct, but the years are off by one. It was '95 and '96 instead of '96/'97.

There's a clear line drawn in the sand for the Beechwood/Lloyd rivalry. There's pre-Yeagle and post-Yeagle. The Juggs controlled the series 17-5-1 before he took over as head coach in 1991. Beechwood is 27-3 against Lloyd ever since.

Also, the Tigers have never lost to Lloyd in the playoffs. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I'm hoping that Lloyd can keep this close enough that it isn't demoralizing going in to next year. To have the type of year they have had, a very good year, only to be blown out could be crushing. They have come a long way since the beginning of the year, I hope they aren't thinking after this game that even after all the improvements they have made... they still aren't close to the level Beechwood is. 

I predict that they keep it within 14 points this time around. Would not be shocked of Beechwood puts it on them though. Would be pleasantly shocked if they pull it out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DevilMayCare said:

Lloyd beat the Tigers in 2002. And the scores are correct, but the years are off by one. It was '95 and '96 instead of '96/'97.

There's a clear line drawn in the sand for the Beechwood/Lloyd rivalry. There's pre-Yeagle and post-Yeagle. The Juggs controlled the series 17-5-1 before he took over as head coach in 1991. Beechwood is 27-3 against Lloyd ever since.

Also, the Tigers have never lost to Lloyd in the playoffs. 

Thank you for the information. 

2 hours and 20 mins till kickoff. Can’t wait to hear how this game plays out! Beechwood bent a little on defense allowing yards but stiffened up when it came to giving up points. The Sophomore duo of Clay Hayden (QB) and Chase Flaherty (RB) need to come up big tonight for the Tigers!!! Only way I see Lloyd winning this is a low scoring slugfest. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, BWTigers said:

2 hours and 20 mins till kickoff. Can’t wait to hear how this game plays out! Beechwood bent a little on defense allowing yards but stiffened up when it came to giving up points. The Sophomore duo of Clay Hayden (QB) and Chase Flaherty (RB) need to come up big tonight for the Tigers!!! Only way I see Lloyd winning this is a low scoring slugfest. 

6 minutes ago, LoudenSwain said:

Beechwood wins in a tough one. Don’t think it will be a running clock but they will pull away if they run the ball and control clock.  IMo, Keep that defense fresh and they will bring home a 3rd title for the Tigers. 

This will be a big, big challenge for the Tigers running game and young RB Flaherty. Berger made a lot of nice runs happen in the first game because he is Mitchell Berger. Tigers will need the passing game to be effective tonight to keep Lloyd from stacking the box even more than they usually do.

• Like 1