What's the most famous (or infamous) Highlands vs. Cov Cath game?

El Diablo

42 minutes ago, Bluebirdbath said:

Actually the infamous “MUD BOWL” was played at Highlands, the field was more like a swamp, rain continued, by the end of the game, with questionable play calling, DEFENSIVE PLAYS, were not being called by the Defensive Line Coach, wrong calls were sent in and HIGHLANDS HHS lost the Mud Bowl. 

I don’t remember the play calling stuff…

The whole first half the weather was nice and the game was all Highlands. Then within the same drive Noah Gibson was injured and a downpour started on a field that was already beat up …..  

17 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

I don’t remember the play calling stuff…

The whole first half the weather was nice and the game was all Highlands. Then within the same drive Noah Gibson was injured and a downpour started on a field that was already beat up …..  

the only reason I am familiar with allot of it I had friends that were coaches on both teams.  I remember the rain, the kids couldn’t stand up, the field was too slippery, mud was everywhere, their jerseys were beyond seeing numbers. 

7 minutes ago, Bluebirdbath said:

the only reason I am familiar with allot of it I had friends that were coaches on both teams.  I remember the rain, the kids couldn’t stand up, the field was too slippery, mud was everywhere, their jerseys were beyond seeing numbers. 

Yeah I was a junior benchwarmer for Highlands for the Mud Bowl.. I was pretty oblivious to the coaches play calling. The weird play calling thing I do remember was WR Josh Hasson was lining up at RB for some reason. Not because of the Gibson injury, we had practiced it all week. 

On 10/12/2022 at 4:55 PM, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

Wow!!!!!! Just spent the last hour watching this game since the NFL Thursday night game sucks. It’s been probably 15 years since I have seen this. I remember going to school at EKU at the time and found out by someone back home that Highlands was blowing us out in the first half ( forgot it was a 22 point deficit)  so I figured it was another loss to Highlands in the regional final game. Then I wake up the next day and find out CCH won. I couldn’t believe it. It was awesome.  I remember going to the championship game in Louisville with a girl I was friends with from EKU who’s family lived in Louisville. I remember spending the night at her parents place with her so we could go to the game the next day. The good ole days of college life. Good memories. 

• 10 months later...