Boyle County vs. Lexington Catholic Predictions/Updates ***Upset Alert***

Paul Dean

Who wins?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/07/2022 at 11:00 PM

10 hours ago, WestDanville said:

#1 vs #3, playoff seeding and RPI rankings. Plenty to play for in this one. LC runs the offense it takes to beat Boyle. It’ll be up to the Rebel defense to get the W. Should be a fun one! 

I agree. Catholic runs a balanced offense and they run it extremely well. If the defensive line of the Rebels has success in putting pressure on the QB then Boyle County pulls away by several touchdowns. If the QB has time then I look for a close game that could go either way.

• Like 1

Catholic has been one of the top teams in the central KY and 4A for this last few years. Boyle has been one of the top teams in the whole state. That hasn't changed. Quisenberry will continue to do amazing things and help carry Boyle in this one.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, charlesw88 said:

I agree. Catholic runs a balanced offense and they run it extremely well. If the defensive line of the Rebels has success in putting pressure on the QB then Boyle County pulls away by several touchdowns. If the QB has time then I look for a close game that could go either way.

Sure will miss Sims in this one, I believe he had 4 sacks in last years game.

• Like 1

On 10/3/2022 at 10:02 PM, Rebel said:

Hardwick should be back for this game.  Look for Boyle to have a good night running the ball.  

Rebel, I know Hardwick is on the Oline, but what position on the Oline?  I remember him from the BG game last year, but don't remember what position he played specifically.

36 minutes ago, Purple88 said:

Rebel, I know Hardwick is on the Oline, but what position on the Oline?  I remember him from the BG game last year, but don't remember what position he played specifically.

Last year it was left tackle.  He received offers from Army and Navy before the season started. 

• Like 1

It's hard to say what element Bathiany will bring to this game in his first go-round. Plus, LexCath has had an extra week of prep for Boyle. They did last year too and it played to their benefit. New coach and a bye week adds an extra layer to this game.

The Knights have the talent to compete with Boyle, but the Rebels are always so well prepared and make the big plays at the most opportune moments. And I give them the edge in physical and mental toughness. I always lean Boyle in this game, as most probably do. LexCath is going to have to prove me wrong. If the Rebels play mistake free football, they win by 2-3 scores.

15 minutes ago, DevilMayCare said:

It's hard to say what element Bathiany will bring to this game in his first go-round. Plus, LexCath has had an extra week of prep for Boyle. They did last year too and it played to their benefit. New coach and a bye week adds an extra layer to this game.

Interesting point about Bathiany for Lex Cath, that adds another layer to this game. Boyle also had an extra week to prepare, which I think negates any advantage Lex Cath may have had in that area. Boyle's coaches have shown an ability to get creative offensively and work around their weaknesses. Boyle just keeps looking better and better each week; the closer this game gets the more I think that Boyle wins big.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, burreaux said:

Interesting point about Bathiany for Lex Cath, that adds another layer to this game. Boyle also had an extra week to prepare, which I think negates any advantage Lex Cath may have had in that area. Boyle's coaches have shown an ability to get creative offensively and work around their weaknesses. Boyle just keeps looking better and better each week; the closer this game gets the more I think that Boyle wins big.

Good catch. I forgot Boyle was off last week.

• theguru changed the title to Boyle County vs. Lexington Catholic Predictions/Updates ***Upset Alert***
  • theguru locked this topic