Survivor 43

MJAlltheWay24

On 12/8/2022 at 12:10 AM, Jaysie said:

That may have been one of the best moves ever. Quiet and sneaky. Wins a lot of points from me. 

It's been a week, so just now getting around to it. Jesse's move was awesome. Love how cut throat it was. Felt like old school Survivor. And no one has any clue that he still have an idol.

Season 43 is much better than 41 or 42.

I was not on the Jesse bandwagon but he is playing a good game.  He is playing to win and played the move that was needed to separate him from Cody. 

Unlike last season there is no obvious favorite of the final five.  

I think Jesse and Karla have an edge.  I also think they will be the targets to be voted out in the next vote.  But Jesse will survive since he has an idol that is not out in the open.  It is a bit refreshing to see a player understand the power of secret idol and not be a blabber-mouth. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Bluegrasscard said:

But Jesse will survive since he has an idol that is not out in the open.  It is a bit refreshing to see a player understand the power of secret idol and not be a blabber-mouth. 

This is why I am liking Jesse and hoping that he wins. I like that he feels a bit more like an old school player.

Bet he owns the hell out of that Cody move and he'll have to.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Season Finale tonight.  I'm going to have to start it a bit late after working the NKU vs. EKU bball game.

Curious to see how this season wraps up.  I think I've definitely enjoyed it more than Season 41 or 42.

Totally agree about it being the best “new era” season. My prediction is Karla goes out at 5 then Cassidy wins final immunity and makes Gabler and Jesse do fire. I think if Jesse makes final 3 he SHOULD win. If he doesn’t I actually think Cassidy would win which would be kind of meh. 

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

Jesse has played one of the best strategic games ever IMO. He and Karla have earned it the most. Owen can play the case of being on the outside and still "surviving" till the end. Gabler is the least likely to win with the worst case. Cassidy, I don't see a strong argument she can make.

I agree with everything you said, but you can't put aside likeability (sp?). I don't think Jesse or Karla were very likable. In a game with no clear cut winner in the final 3 it may very well come down to relationships and not necessarily game play. 

🤪 Wrong again. I enjoy Survivor but I almost never agree with what the jury does. Think about this. Gabler won. If Jesse had been in the final 3, he would have won. They both stunk in challenges. I put value on winning challenges but I don't think those challenges mean that much in winning jury votes.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

🤪 Wrong again. I enjoy Survivor but I almost never agree with what the jury does. Think about this. Gabler won. If Jesse had been in the final 3, he would have won. They both stunk in challenges. I put value on winning challenges but I don't think those challenges mean that much in winning jury votes.

Yeah, I think the game shifted away from the jury caring about winning challenges quite a while ago.

7 hours ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

Cold chills. Who knew I loved this dude. He was great explaining himself in final tribal and even better in the the reunion.

He had the win after he pointed out that he received no votes. 

Is that a record - to never have a vote cast against a winner?