Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Marshall County's Terry Birdsong retires.

Featured Replies

Reported in West Kentucky Star News last night.

Is it just me, or is this an odd time of year to retire as a basketball coach?

It's a very bad time of year to retire, because it would be hard to acquire someone from outside the school system.  When this type of thing happens I find myself wondering if the coach did it because he has an assistant he wants to get the job.

  • Author
34 minutes ago, DragonFire said:

It's a very bad time of year to retire, because it would be hard to acquire someone from outside the school system.  When this type of thing happens I find myself wondering if the coach did it because he has an assistant he wants to get the job.

Despite the fact that I misspelled his name in the title, I knew Coach Birdsong in HS. I have always felt he was a pretty standup guy. I could definitely see that being one of his goals.

Just now, wrn1979 said:

Despite the fact that I misspelled his name in the title, I knew Coach Birdsong in HS. I have always felt he was a pretty standup guy. I could definitely see that being one of his goals.

Is it correct now?

  • Author
3 minutes ago, theguru said:

Is it correct now?

Yes, sir. I am technologically challenged and couldn’t find a way to edit the thread title after I did it.

Morbidly obese fingers and a phone keypad do not mesh well sometimes. 

I have felt for the last couple years his heart hasn't been in it. It looked like he was burnt out.  Hope he enjoys his retirement.

Edited by theguru

Is Marshall Co. still a big time job?  I know they have the hoopfest, but as far as talent?

It is still big, maybe not much as during there earlier years, but they contend most years for a regional final spot or close. The talent  just isn't plentiful like yrs passed. 

Marshall County was a premier job but falling on hard times of late. McCracken has taken the top spot in the First Region and has kept Marshall from winning a regional twice. Timing of retirement makes the list of possible names for this job very small. 

Several players have jumped ship and transferred to Graves County, I was told.

16 hours ago, Joe Tracy said:

Several players have jumped ship and transferred to Graves County, I was told.

Coach Holland seems to be working...

Marshall, Graves and McCracken all have new coaches for upcoming season. Should be interesting to see if where each of these programs are headed. 

Besides McCracken. Graves, Marshall there's Murray and Paducah Tilghman in the 1st region mix. PT has refurbished their gym and I was told it looked great.

Tilghman Pride you got any photos of the gym?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.