Bowling Green 41 Pleasure Ridge Park 14

• theguru changed the title to Bowling Green 41 Pleasure Ridge Park 7

I'm all about this progression right now for the Purples. 

Without seeing the game myself, can someone inform me if PRP just flat out laid an egg or was the gap just that large?

Prior to kickoff I had believed this was a true toss up. Happy to be wrong. 

I believe final was actually 41-14. 

Purples are making good progress thus far in the first three weeks of play. 

As advertised, Deuce Bailey, sophomore QB, continues to gain confidence. It does not hurt that so far his offensive line is playing lights out. 

The Purples have a three headed monster at running back. All three kids (YOUNG KIDS) are really good. 

We have 4 studs on defense that has really played well. Both linebackers and both DBs are going to be most important players on field for Purples all year. We have 4 or 5 games in regular season that we need them to play lights out. So far, so good. 

The best kept secret on team is our wideouts. CJ Sweeney (sophomore) and Travey Barber (Frosh). These kids are special- any high school team in these neck of the woods would LOVE to have them. They are going to be a problem for a lot of teams. WR Barlow is most consistent player on team. 

BG is not anywhere near where we were a few years ago but then again, we’ve never been this young. 

Future looks bright in Purpleland! 

41 minutes ago, BillNye said:

I'm all about this progression right now for the Purples. 

Without seeing the game myself, can someone inform me if PRP just flat out laid an egg or was the gap just that large?

Prior to kickoff I had believed this was a true toss up. Happy to be wrong. 

If we look at all the opponents of 6A teams in the first two weeks, the two teams PRP beat are in the bottom 5 of worst teams played. I think PRP got exposed tonight. 

• Like 3

Very pleased with the performance of the Purples tonight.

PRP definitely shot themselves in the foot several times, but I really don’t think it mattered.  BG was just the better team.

PRP has some athletes, but they weren’t used correctly.  The play calling was bad. The players didn’t seem like they were in good shape. They also seemed to care about jabbering and getting a hot then they were about winning the game.

I was definitely glad to see this type of game from BG.  Just got to keep it rolling. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

If we look at all the opponents of 6A teams in the first two weeks, the two teams PRP beat are in the bottom 5 of worst teams played. I think PRP got exposed tonight. 

But they are from all mighty Louisville lol.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Going into this game, I expected it to be tight.  Remember last year it was 7-0.  

Now that really was a down BG team, but still.  PRP had to have alot of confidence coming into this game winning something like 115 to 0, even playing inferior teams (they obviously did them not favors tonight).  PRP have some super athletes.  JR WR Crayton #8 I was most impressed with.  Were it not for a holding call he would have taken it 70 yards for a TD.  He did set up the only PRP first half TD with an electric 50 yard punt return.  He was dynamite all night.  The UK Recruit IMO got shut down tonight.  He caught a couple short screen passes for a handful of yards, but that was it.  The PRP RB was a good player and their OLine was ok too.  But when you have 3rd and 5 in the second half in your own territory, you can't afford to run up the middle against a defense who had demonstrated they could stop that most of the night.  Just one example of not using your weapons IMO and playcalling not giving yourself the best chance to win.

For BG, QB Deuce Bailey had a very good game, but needs to be ok with throwing the ball away when defenders are near so he stays healthy.  BG used 2 RBs really effectively tonight and the OLine wore down the PRP DLine to make nice running lanes most of the night.  Trevy Barber FR WR had an electric TD run called back on a flag, but you can see "it".  He has that it factor.  Easton Barlow and CJ Sweeney also made nice plays from the WR corps tonight.  

Also shout out to SR K/P Fractus who kicked most kickoffs in the endzone, which is a big deal to not get the ball in Crayton's hands.  He also hit a 40 yard FG!  Great game.

The BG defense give up an 11 yard drive in the 2nd quarter and a 50 yard drive in first part of the 4th quarter.  They were aggressive, but not overly so as to give the PRP WRs too much room.  Great job!

Alot to like and as others have said I like this progression.  Caution needs to be exercised however, as this PRP team will not be going deep into the playoffs, but for a BG team that got knocked down last year this is just the right course of action to get back up and make this a terrific season! 

On to Hoptown with the Boyle County Rebels on deck!

• theguru changed the title to Bowling Green 41 Pleasure Ridge Park 14