Saint Xavier 24 Male 10

Tigerpride94

Just from the updates it was hard to get a true read on how the X offense looked. Catching up on the game tonight it didn't look to bad. I'm sure there are some thi gs Coach Wallace and staff want to get improved on and in a hurry but overall this offense looked efficie t tonight. I don't think they're going to be the big play offense like last year; instead they're going to be a methodical unit that will eat up clock. Thought Havill played well against a tough defense. But Male lost a lot in the trenches and it showed this game. St. X's defense is really good. Even without the INTs I don't think Male scores more than they did tonight. Tigers won the LOS and that's where games are determined. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Tigers20-22 said:

I love this X defense might be the best I’ve seen in a long time.

I think '09 defense may be the best over the last 15 years or so, but this defense just seems so much faster than that group and that group could move too. 

I remember as a kid watching the '97 group with Bernard Jackson and Chip Mattingly and that defense was elite to. Obviously, different time with different types of offensive styles so hard to compare, but again I'd take this group over that group.

Jaxon and Micah are big time different makers on the edge. They do a great job at the point of contact in the run game setting the edge, but then also creating havoc in the backfield forcing the QB to feel uncomfortable and getting rid of the ball before they want to. Overall, this is a really fun defense to watch play!

• Like 1