Cooper 24 Highlands 13 (Frosh)

futurecoach

Didn’t see this coming. Cooper sounds like they had 3/4 big plays. Highlands with umpteen turnovers. And please don’t anyone complain about whether kids that are freshman that played varsity were brought down to play this game…..they are still Freshman! Congrats to Copper. Birds need to get back at it and get ready for the Camels next week. Remember #SCIT

13 minutes ago, TEDFROMVILLAHILLS said:

Didn’t see this coming. Cooper sounds like they had 3/4 big plays. Highlands with umpteen turnovers. And please don’t anyone complain about whether kids that are freshman that played varsity were brought down to play this game…..they are still Freshman! Congrats to Copper. Birds need to get back at it and get ready for the Camels next week. Remember #SCIT

The game wasn’t really even as close as the final score. Cooper very easily could have won by a few more scores.  Cooper moved the ball all night and shot themselves in the foot with penalties all night. Plus Cooper had two more big plays of over 60 yards that got inside the 5 brought back because of penalties. 

What players for Highlands that play varsity was brought down? Obviously their QB, but I believe I heard he also played QB for their freshman game last year. 

20 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

The game wasn’t really even as close as the final score. Cooper very easily could have won by a few more scores.  Cooper moved the ball all night and shot themselves in the foot with penalties all night. Plus Cooper had two more big plays of over 60 yards that got inside the 5 brought back because of penalties. 

What players for Highlands that play varsity was brought down? Obviously their QB, but I believe I heard he also played QB for their freshman game last year. 

FC, I love most of what you post on here but this one bugs me. I never like it when people say things like two big plays got called back by penalty and we could have one by a lot more. Maybe they were big plays because of the penalty? Or, why isn't the team disciplined enough to not have penalties? That is part of it.

You obviously didn't say anything about turnovers but that is another one that gets me. People will say we lost because of turnovers. That is a huge factor in every game and coaching can fix it. If the team lost because of turnovers, then they deserved to lose and they need to get better. 

Sorry, but this bugs me enough that I wanted to speak up. 

Congrats to the Cooper freshmen on the win. Beating Highlands is always a nice accomplishment. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

FC, I love most of what you post on here but this one bugs me. I never like it when people say things like two big plays got called back by penalty and we could have one by a lot more. Maybe they were big plays because of the penalty? Or, why isn't the team disciplined enough to not have penalties? That is part of it.

You obviously didn't say anything about turnovers but that is another one that gets me. People will say we lost because of turnovers. That is a huge factor in every game and coaching can fix it. If the team lost because of turnovers, then they deserved to lose and they need to get better. 

Sorry, but this bugs me enough that I wanted to speak up. 

Congrats to the Cooper freshmen on the win. Beating Highlands is always a nice accomplishment. 

That’s fair, good point! 

• Like 1

I remember just a few short weeks ago the talk was the frosh would go undefeated and my statement to those boastful posters was do something before speaking.  Thinking more and more that this is a big problem with Highlands football right now.  Quit telling your kids how great they are and encourage them to work as a TEAM and take coaching to learn the ins and outs of high school football.  That is how you get better as a player and if everyone is on that train the team gets better as well.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, futurecoach said:

Sorry I was referencing Cooper.