Cooper 24 Highlands 13 (Frosh)

futurecoach

21 minutes ago, TEDFROMVILLAHILLS said:

Sorry I was referencing Cooper. 

Huh? What players for Cooper have played varsity, that played freshman tonight? There is only one freshman at Cooper that plays or even dresses varsity. Which that player is freshman Cam O’Hara who is the varsity starting QB, and he doesn’t play or even dress in freshman games. So what exactly are you talking about?

1 hour ago, Voice of Reason said:

FC, I love most of what you post on here but this one bugs me. I never like it when people say things like two big plays got called back by penalty and we could have one by a lot more. Maybe they were big plays because of the penalty? Or, why isn't the team disciplined enough to not have penalties? That is part of it.

You obviously didn't say anything about turnovers but that is another one that gets me. People will say we lost because of turnovers. That is a huge factor in every game and coaching can fix it. If the team lost because of turnovers, then they deserved to lose and they need to get better. 

Sorry, but this bugs me enough that I wanted to speak up. 

Congrats to the Cooper freshmen on the win. Beating Highlands is always a nice accomplishment. 

Beating Highlands is becoming a common thing! 

• Like 1

Score doesn’t surprise me. I’ve watched Ryker for years. One of the top Frosh players in NKY! Cooper should feel blessed he’s there. Great kid and family.

Keagan Maher is a monster. We were lucky to have him on the Union Raiders for years. He is one of the hardest working players I’ve ever seen in any sport. I’m surprised Cooper hasn’t moved him up yet. He’s ready!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, futurecoach said:

Huh? What players for Cooper have played varsity, that played freshman tonight? There is only one freshman at Cooper that plays or even dresses varsity. Which that player is freshman Cam O’Hara who is the varsity starting QB, and he doesn’t play or even dress in freshman games. So what exactly are you talking about?

Sorry but it was something I was told that may have happened. I wasn’t there and have no idea. All I was saying is that before any of “Highlands” fans make the excuse of freshman that play up and hence brought them down, it’s not an excuse. I don’t want to hear about it. They would still be freshman whether they played varsity , JV or whatever level, still freshman. So no complaining, you got your butt whooped. And fwiw, unacceptable IMO! There!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TEDFROMVILLAHILLS said:

Sorry but it was something I was told that may have happened. I wasn’t there and have no idea. All I was saying is that before any of “Highlands” fans make the excuse of freshman that play up and hence brought them down, it’s not an excuse. I don’t want to hear about it. They would still be freshman whether they played varsity , JV or whatever level, still freshman. So no complaining, you got your butt whooped. And fwiw, unacceptable IMO! There!

Got ya that makes sense. Sounds like someone may have told you that to try to find a way to justify for losing this game.  However, there is not a single player on Coopers freshman roster who has played a single snap of varsity this year. The only Cooper freshman currently that plays varsity is Cam O’Hara and he is the starting varsity QB and doesn’t play freshman at all. To put it lightly Cooper won this game, and didn’t even have their stud freshman QB that’s in this freshman class because he starts Varsity. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1