Pleasure Ridge Park at Bowling Green Predictions/Updates

Purple88

Who Wins this game?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this game?

• Bowling Green
    • Pleasure Ridge Park

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/02/2022 at 04:00 PM

Bowling Green (2-0) vs Pleasure Ridge Park (2-0)

Two undefeated teams face off in Bowling Green this Friday.

Pleasure Ridge Park (PRP) comes into this one having absolutely blasted their first two opponents (Valley and Doss) by a today combined score of 114-0WOWZA!!!  Those teams aren't very good, but still 114-0 is impressive.  The Panthers are led by 3 year varsity starter QB Kayden Anderson, who can flat sling it.

(These stats are from the Valley game only)  The senior was 10 for 10 with 360 yards and 7 TDs versus hapless Valley.  The RIDGE have at least 2 D1 WRs in UK bound Jakob Dixon who had 2 catches for 83 yards and 2 TDs.  His WR mate JR Santana Crayton is also getting substantial scholarship offers and led the way against Valley with 5 catches for 122 yards and 4 TDs.  Check out this fun video of UK Bound Jacob Dixon hand the ball off to his OLine, the closest guy to him.  That tells you alot about Doss right there!

The RIDGE defense is led by SR safety Anthony Woods who had 2 INTs including a 55 yard pick 6.  He also chipped in with 2 catches for 76 yards.  It should be said that Valley is a 4A school, so perspective should be focused here, but still the stats are the stats.   This will be the Panthers first road game of the season.

For the Purples, McCracken County soothes like an old Amish salve, resting guys that need it, providing confidence for younger starters, and allowing an open slate for BGs Co-Offensive Coordinators to try anything they wanted.  The Purples started with a lackluster first series going 3 and out, but on a flukey deflected punt snap SR Punter Davis Fant picked up the errant snap and ran 22 yards to get the Purples offense off and running.  And BG never really looked back from there.  BG scored 21 points in both the first and second quarters and the running clock was on.  SO QB Deuce Bailey had one of his best games with 3 passing TDs and 1 rushing TD.  The BG defense only game up 3 first downs in the first half and allowed alot of younger guys opportunities to play in the second half.  I will say McCracken QB Pryor Lamb is a very good ball player, but it's going to take some time this year to figure some things out with the new coaching staff.  Good luck the rest of the way!

Some of the better highlights of this game are at the following link:

_yT6ZEfP?format=jpg&name=small

A lot of Purples fans recall the old-school, white knuckle  7-0 win last year at PRP.  It was a game of offensive woes and poor execution.  It took the BG defense pitching a shutout to have a positive ride home.  It was also the game that first put QB Deuce Bailey on the varsity stage.  Bailey had a very good game having started that gave at DB.

In this years game, it will be important for BG to control the play offensively and limit the high power PRP offense’s number of possessions.  I think they can, but it will take a good game plan and execution to do so.  PRP will have alot of confidence coming into this game, but they also take a big step up in competition.

Who you got in this one?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think this will be higher scoring game than last year as both teams offenses seem improved. This is our first good measuring stick game for PRP. PRP's first two opponents provide as much resistance as a calm wind. With it only being a 7 point game last year, I expect this one to be close again. PRP last beat Bowling Green in 2017 35-21, so it's not out of the realm of possibility that PRP wins. Bowling Green has won 4 straight since 2017.

• Like 2

I’m not sure really what to expect here.

Is PRP as good as they seem or is it bad teams?

BG played an awful McCracken County team.

But it seems that PRP has some athletes and having that type of QB makes me nervous sense BG’s isn’t as good. I think their wide receivers could pose some Problems.

BG is still trying to find its way. I think I got to pick PRP to win this one. But I wouldn’t be surprised if BG wins. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Killowatt59 said:

I’m not sure really what to expect here.

Is PRP as good as they seem or is it bad teams?

BG played an awful McCracken County team.

But it seems that PRP has some athletes and having that type of QB makes me nervous sense BG’s isn’t as good. I think their wide receivers could pose some Problems.

BG is still trying to find its way. I think I got to pick PRP to win this one. But I wouldn’t be surprised if BG wins. 

That’s should say because BG’s defense is not as good.

BG will be 4-0 heading in to Boyle.  I think this isn’t a gimme at all, but BG’s attitude (the QB especially) is confidence.  They may get down, but they won’t be rattled.  QB is very athletic and confident.

BG 24-14

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Brown said:

BG will be 4-0 heading in to Boyle.  I think this isn’t a gimme at all, but BG’s attitude (the QB especially) is confidence.  They may get down, but they won’t be rattled.  QB is very athletic and confident.

BG 24-14

Deuce is definitely on the right track.

8 hours ago, Killowatt59 said:

Really?  Don’t they have a UK commit at WR and a three year starting QB? I know their first two wins were jokes, but  I figured they might cause BG some problems.

PRP plays the lower tier of Louisville schools for sure. Losing to  Manual and X on the regular. No threat to the upper crust teams at all.