Male vs. Saint Xavier Predictions/Updates

Who wins?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/02/2022 at 11:00 PM

Male(1-1) will host Saint Xavier (2-0) at 7:00 and are coming off a 12-7 loss to Ballard. St. X is coming of a 44-8 win over 4A Central.

Male had a good defensive effort against Ballard but special teams and lack of offense cost them the game. Male took a safety when punting from end-zone and had field goal blocked that was returned for a touchdown by Ballard. RB Daniel Swinney scored Male's lone touchdown in the first quarter. 

St. X comes into this game after a dominating defensive effort along with a aerial assault against Central. St. X threw 5 touchdown passes with QB Trevor Havill having 3 of them plus he ran for the lone rushing touchdown. The starting St. X defense forced a safety on Central's punt snap that went out of the end-zone and held Central score less.

Last meeting: St. X 31-21 in 6A Championship.

This looks to be a low scoring game as both teams have good defenses. The Male offense will have to improve on their Ballard performance to win this game against a very strong St. X starting defense who has only gave up one touchdown in the last 8 quarters.

The St. X offense will have a stiffer challenge than against Central as Male returned most all their secondary from last year and will need to avoid interceptions like the pick 6 given up to Owensboro. In a close game, It could come down to special teams and turnovers. Does Male right the ship and avenge their 6A Championship loss or does St. X make it two in a row?

• Thanks 1

Just now, LongTimeReader said:

I think last week showed on offense Male is missing that big playmaker that they've been accustomed to the last few years. I don't know if they'll be able to put together consistent drives against the X defense. I also think X has the advantage at the LOS.

Male O-Line is 4 new faces from last year and St. X has mostly same d-line that played in championship game last year. Also, Male has all new D-Line and St. X returned two starters on O-Line from last year, so I agree St. X has advantage in trenches.

• Thanks 1