Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Male vs. Saint Xavier Predictions/Updates

Who wins? 42 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

This poll is closed to new votes

Poll closed on 09/02/2022 at 11:00 PM

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Male(1-1) will host Saint Xavier (2-0) at 7:00 and are coming off a 12-7 loss to Ballard. St. X is coming of a 44-8 win over 4A Central.

Male had a good defensive effort against Ballard but special teams and lack of offense cost them the game. Male took a safety when punting from end-zone and had field goal blocked that was returned for a touchdown by Ballard. RB Daniel Swinney scored Male's lone touchdown in the first quarter. 
 

St. X comes into this game after a dominating defensive effort along with a aerial assault against Central. St. X threw 5 touchdown passes with QB Trevor Havill having 3 of them plus he ran for the lone rushing touchdown. The starting St. X defense forced a safety on Central's punt snap that went out of the end-zone and held Central score less.

Last meeting: St. X 31-21 in 6A Championship.

This looks to be a low scoring game as both teams have good defenses. The Male offense will have to improve on their Ballard performance to win this game against a very strong St. X starting defense who has only gave up one touchdown in the last 8 quarters.

The St. X offense will have a stiffer challenge than against Central as Male returned most all their secondary from last year and will need to avoid interceptions like the pick 6 given up to Owensboro. In a close game, It could come down to special teams and turnovers. Does Male right the ship and avenge their 6A Championship loss or does St. X make it two in a row?

 

 

  • Replies 184
  • Views 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • X's win streak:  Elder, Trinity, Ryle, Manual x2, Butler x2, PRP, Bowling Green, Daviess County, Madison Central, Male, Owensboro, Central. 

  • DevilMayCare
    DevilMayCare

    Same. I think Male comes out fired up and keeps it competitive early before X's advantage on both lines takes over and the Tigers pull away.

  • Tigerpride94
    Tigerpride94

    St. X's #3 WR from last year, Jackson Campisano, who hasn't played in first two games due to injury has returned to practice and may be available for Male game.  

Posted Images

I’m going with X.

I think last week showed on offense Male is missing that big playmaker that they've been accustomed to the last few years. I don't know if they'll be able to put together consistent drives against the X defense. I also think X has the advantage at the LOS.

  • Author

St. X's #3 WR from last year, Jackson Campisano, who hasn't played in first two games due to injury has returned to practice and may be available for Male game.
 

4 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

I’m going with X.

Same. I think Male comes out fired up and keeps it competitive early before X's advantage on both lines takes over and the Tigers pull away.

  • Author
Just now, LongTimeReader said:

I think last week showed on offense Male is missing that big playmaker that they've been accustomed to the last few years. I don't know if they'll be able to put together consistent drives against the X defense. I also think X has the advantage at the LOS.

Male O-Line is 4 new faces from last year and St. X has mostly same d-line that played in championship game last year. Also, Male has all new D-Line and St. X returned two starters on O-Line from last year, so I agree St. X has advantage in trenches.

X has been shuffling some OL around trying to find the right combination. 

Calpreps projection is St. X 28 Male 17. 

If Male scores 17 offensive points against this Tiger defense I don't think it will be a good night for the Tigers overall. 

X's win streak: 

Elder, Trinity, Ryle, Manual x2, Butler x2, PRP, Bowling Green, Daviess County, Madison Central, Male, Owensboro, Central. 

I think St. X solidifies their #1 ranking this week, and spanks Male. If the Dawgs could only muster 7 against Ballard, they might be lucky to even score. But I'll give the benefit of doubt.

X- 34

H- 7

Male leads the all-time series, 61-46-2.

This has been a streaky series over the last 20+ years. They don't alternate wins. One side wins a few in a row, then the other wins a few.

I think this will be a pretty tough, hard-fought game.  I give the nod to X, but I think it may be closer than most think. No inside information, just a hunch. 

I like this X team!! 

Massey Ratings has the game at 50% but give the Bulldogs a one point advantage with the score being 22-21. 

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.