Class 4A

1. Boyle County vs. 6A #10 Bryan Station

2. Johnson Central vs. 6A Fern Creek at Lexington Catholic

3. Lexington Catholic vs. 6A Henry Clay

4. Corbin vs. 5A Whitley County

5. Franklin County at 3A Western Hills

6. Central at 6A #1 Saint Xavier

7. Logan County vs. 5A Christian County

8. Letcher County Central at David Crockett (TN)

9. Spencer County at 6A #6 Bullitt East

10. Hopkinsville at 2A #3 Mayfield

26 minutes ago, gchs_uk9 said:

I think you're right. It seems like District 1 and 2 have several teams (Logan, Hopkinsville, Allen, Warren East) that fall in that 7th-13th range.

I think those will be the 2nd round playoff matchups in some form with the cross district matchups this season. 

• Like 1

I feel like at least right now that it’s Boyle county versus the field. While Boyle may seem like they aren’t the same team of years past they are still good enough to win the state title. Can Johnson Central get there absolutely but they will still have a tough go to beat Boyle. The season is early and anything can happen  but right now I would take Boyle County in 4A.

Boyle has a lot of work to do from now until the end of the season.  Good thing is they know that.  They improved a ton from the start of last season until the end and the coaches and players have shown they are willing to keep pushing to get it done.  Injuries might keep them from going undefeated in the regular season but should make them better by the playoffs and that's all that matters. 

• Like 2