Strickland/Bell???

59 minutes ago, 16thBBall Fan said:

Who’s the worst??  Strickland is last or 150th or worse in 7 major categories, of course, he can’t bring himself in so why does Bell keep doing it???  Just unreal, how many times do you have to prove you can’t do it??  Not enough for Bell I guess!!

With a couple exceptions, the other choices in the bullpen don't thrill me either.  Do you use the better ones to squash rallies in innings 6 through 8 or as closers?  The good teams have relief pitches to cover all those situations.  Bell has a scrap heap.  

I'm guessing that Diaz was only capable of pitching to three batters today.  Strickland is living a charmed live.  He has dodged bullets in the last three or four outings.  

We have few effective, dependable pitchers.  Most are ticking time bombs.  Is this the core upon which we are "re-building"??? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8. Any attempt to use or suggest profanity is prohibited. This means you may not use symbols to replace some or all of the letters in a word that might otherwise be blocked by the BGP word filter. Any attempt to circumvent the word filter with general abbreviations or text message abbreviations will also be considered a violation under this rule.

17 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

How many games would Sparky Anderson win managing this team?

I'm guessing Sparky would have a few more wins.  Bell has showed me nothing during his tenure of running the team.  Where is Sweet Lew when you need him?

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, 4 Quarters said:

I'm guessing Sparky would have a few more wins.  Bell has showed me nothing during his tenure of running the team.  Where is Sweet Lew when you need him?

I would agree completely with this.  No matter what the sport every manager/coach’s most important characteristic is by his/her decisions and teaching to put the players in the best position to win, then it’s up to them to get it done, Bell has fallen WAY short in his most important job just like the players have fallen way short in theirs 

• Like 1