Ryle/Highlands Scrimmage 8/9/22

1 hour ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

They Scrimmage Tuesday at 6pm. 

The Birds play Ryle this year too. Are there any other pairs around the state scrimmaging that will play each other during the regular season? I actually love the idea... creates a little tension early haha. 

3 hours ago, Kenny Powers said:

The Birds play Ryle this year too. Are there any other pairs around the state scrimmaging that will play each other during the regular season? I actually love the idea... creates a little tension early haha. 

Highlands and Ryle used to randomly play twice a year in the regular season for like 4 years or so. When Highlands was the dominant team in NKy. 

4 hours ago, El Diablo said:

Highlands and Ryle used to randomly play twice a year in the regular season for like 4 years or so. When Highlands was the dominant team in NKy. 

I remember that. Some great games between the two. Ryle has never backed down from good competition. That was back when Coach Mueller couldn't get anyone, especially NKY teams, to play. I was just curious if any other programs around the state scrimmaged and played each other. 

11 minutes ago, NKYRaider said:

Ryle Frosh starters had 1 TD. Verax to Lee. Their D had an INT and a fumble recovery.

Highlands starters had 1 TD and 2 TO’s.

Ryle looks like they’re 3-4 TD’s better at this point in the season. 

So 7-7 equals 28-7? Is the scrimmage over? No idea if you’re talking about just freshman or varsity as well. 

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

So 7-7 equals 28-7? Is the scrimmage over? No idea if you’re talking about just freshman or varsity as well. 

Just Frosh. Varsity starting now.

I’m taking in consideration the format of the scrimmage. Ryle moved the ball much easier. Had a pick and a fumble recovery that could have lead to TD’s. They’re also missing 4 key players. 

Just one man’s humble opinion. Highlands has a lot of talent. Well coached. 

Thankfully, we will get to see them play in regular season. Hopefully, they’re both healthy.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, NKYRaider said:

Ryle Frosh starters had 1 TD. Verax to Lee. Their D had an INT and a fumble recovery.

Highlands starters had 1 TD and 2 TO’s.

Ryle looks like they’re 3-4 TD’s better at this point in the season. 

Sounds like a tie?

2 minutes ago, NKYRaider said:

Just Frosh. Varsity starting now.

I’m taking in consideration the format of the scrimmage. Ryle moved the ball much easier. Had a pick and a fumble recovery that could have lead to TD’s. They’re also missing 4 key players. 

Just one man’s humble opinion. Highlands has a lot of talent. Well coached. 

Thankfully, we will get them see play in regular season. Hopefully, they’re both healthy.

Ryle is supposed to be really good this year especially. This is a good scrimmage for the Birds to do. 

Rule 2 reads in part:

2. No disparaging, taunting, or boastful comments--especially between opponents trying to intimidate each other. This includes, name calling or personal attacks toward any member, username, team, or school. Additionally this includes a pattern of posts that inflames or incites other posters (i.e. trolling or gaslighting).