Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Beechwood - 2022 Schedule

Featured Replies

Aug 20 at Fairdale 

Aug 26 vs. Paintsville 

Sep 2 at Somerset 

Sep 9 vs. Simon Kenton 

Sep 16 at Covington Catholic 

Sep 23 - BYE

Sep 30 vs. Dixie Heights 

Oct 7 vs. Covington Holy Cross*

Oct 14 vs. Lloyd*

Oct 21 at Newport*

Oct 28 at Newport Central Catholic 

*District Game

 

FU120usWYBQGj5n.thumb.jpeg.bef36dcf39efdf76db928858358348e7.jpeg

  • Author

I could see 8 or 9 wins or an unbeaten regular season. There's nothing here I would consider a likely loss, but I think CovCath and SK are toss-ups. I'm hesitant to pencil in a big school like Dixie Heights as a win, but they have too much to replace. 

Week 1 is worth keeping an eye on, if for no other reason than getting a look at the offense post-Hergott.

20 hours ago, DevilMayCare said:

I could see 8 or 9 wins or an unbeaten regular season. There's nothing here I would consider a likely loss, but I think CovCath and SK are toss-ups. I'm hesitant to pencil in a big school like Dixie Heights as a win, but they have too much to replace. 

Week 1 is worth keeping an eye on, if for no other reason than getting a look at the offense post-Hergott.

Other than CovCath (wait and see) I expect Beechwood to win the other nine.

  • Author
27 minutes ago, theguru said:

Other than CovCath (wait and see) I expect Beechwood to win the other nine.

I could be putting too much stock in the experience SK brings back, but I'm not ready to lock that one in as a win. I do think Beechwood wins, but I could see it being competitive.

39 minutes ago, theguru said:

Other than CovCath (wait and see) I expect Beechwood to win the other nine.

I won’t write off Simon Kenton just yet. But I agree with a 9 win season. Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe KHSAA is going back to cross district for the playoffs. That puts them in with Walton and Carroll. They should handle that. 
2A is down this year, I can see the Tigers making it a 3-peat. 
Best of luck to the Tigers this season.

19 minutes ago, DevilMayCare said:

I could be putting too much stock in the experience SK brings back, but I'm not ready to lock that one in as a win. I do think Beechwood wins, but I could see it being competitive.

SK is loaded this year. 

4 minutes ago, MOMWOW said:

I won’t write off Simon Kenton just yet. But I agree with a 9 win season. Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe KHSAA is going back to cross district for the playoffs. That puts them in with Walton and Carroll. They should handle that. 
2A is down this year, I can see the Tigers making it a 3-peat. 
Best of luck to the Tigers this season.

I expect a great game with Simon too but as I sit today I am predicting a Tiger win.

1 minute ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

SK is loaded this year. 

Where should they be ranked in 6A to start the year?

5 minutes ago, theguru said:

Where should they be ranked in 6A to start the year?

Top 5 The entire offense returns beside 2 starters. The defense should be alot better also.

4 minutes ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Top 5 The entire offense returns beside 2 starters. The defense should be alot better also.

Can I ask how you came up top 5 after a 2-9 year? I’m not knocking them just curious. I have them as the 2 in the district behind Ryle.  I would have to start SK somewhere around 15 to start the season and see what they do from there. Either way best of luck to the Pioneers. 
Also I don’t know if anyone has seen Chase Crone lately but dude is looking better than ever. 

20 minutes ago, MOMWOW said:

Can I ask how you came up top 5 after a 2-9 year? I’m not knocking them just curious. I have them as the 2 in the district behind Ryle.  I would have to start SK somewhere around 15 to start the season and see what they do from there. Either way best of luck to the Pioneers. 
Also I don’t know if anyone has seen Chase Crone lately but dude is looking better than ever. 

Will see just watch. 4 year starter at QB 3 year starter at RB entire OLine returns all over 6'3 and 4 of them over 280. Defense last year had 5 starters as Sophomores future is bright.

5 hours ago, DevilMayCare said:

I could be putting too much stock in the experience SK brings back, but I'm not ready to lock that one in as a win. I do think Beechwood wins, but I could see it being competitive.

All three big schools will be a challenge. The line lost size and that makes it more difficult in big school games.

25 minutes ago, MaddenCurse44 said:

Is Robinson practicing yet?

I am not sure he is enrolled yet. 

On 6/16/2022 at 12:25 PM, MOMWOW said:

I won’t write off Simon Kenton just yet. But I agree with a 9 win season. Correct me if I’m wrong but I believe KHSAA is going back to cross district for the playoffs. That puts them in with Walton and Carroll. They should handle that. 
2A is down this year, I can see the Tigers making it a 3-peat. 
Best of luck to the Tigers this season.

2A as a whole may be down but I expect LCA to still be pretty tough it will probably come down between these two again.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.