Tyler Stephenson Out 4-6 Weeks

On 6/9/2022 at 7:19 PM, MJAlltheWay24 said:

The talk of moving him out of the catching position are about to blow up even more.

That's why there are not a lot of really good catchers.   First injury and it's a mad dash to put them somewhere else and put a worse player behind the plate.   Hopefully he goes the Buster Posey route and sticks on out at the 2 position.

On 6/9/2022 at 7:19 PM, MJAlltheWay24 said:

The talk of moving him out of the catching position are about to blow up even more.

I honestly believe his future as a "hitter" lies somewhere other than behind the plate.  In my opinion he's a corner infielder, most likely 1B.  Not sure if he could play outfield.

2 hours ago, OlDog75 said:

While I don't disagree with Doc, I struggle with him.  I'm not sure if its his writing style or what but he's just always rubbed me slightly the wrong way.

On 6/14/2022 at 8:18 AM, MJAlltheWay24 said:

While I don't disagree with Doc, I struggle with him.  I'm not sure if its his writing style or what but he's just always rubbed me slightly the wrong way.

I'm probably 60-40 with his past columns.

2 hours ago, Mustang said:

If his future is in a different position, why did we trade Barnhart, who I considered to be a really good catcher.

Good question for those who don't want Stephenson to catch.

The Reds let Barnhart go because they intend for Stephenson to catch.