What Cities Do You Sound Like You're From? (2022 Edition)

On 5/4/2022 at 3:28 PM, Colonels_Wear_Blue said:

This quiz was released by the NY Times back in late 2013 and it immediately made the rounds on social media. There was a discussion thread about the quiz here on BGP as well.

25 questions about "do you use this phrase or that phrase," with a visual map after each individual question that shows which US vicinities each answer aligns most with.

Once you've answered all 25 questions (they don't take long), you're shown a map with a likely region for where you live, including 3 cities that you are more than likely from.

How Y’all, Youse and You Guys Talk | nytimes.com

Louisville/Lexington/Winston-Salem

1 minute ago, Jaysie said:

This time my answers cut a red swath from California to Indiana. Last time more southern. This time is more accurate. Wonder if I cheated!

Looking at all the participants names make me nostalgic (sp) for the old days. 

• 5 weeks later...

Lexington, Nashville, Wichita

I have lived in Cincinnati area my whole life.

Pop caused the Wichita link. I use both pop and soft drink. I wonder what would have changed if I selected soft drink.

As I was taking the quiz, I had to cover up the answers and try to think of the term before answering. On a lot of the questions I use more than one term that was listed so I had to start trying to think of the term I use first and then see what options were listed. I had several that I did not have a term that I use.