Murray Ky. gets an ABA team.

I hope this will lead to Ky getting an NBA team some time in the future.

I can't see that ever happening. There isn't enough support in the state. With UK and UL playing once/twice a week at home and drawing 20,000+ each night, there aren't enough fannies to fill the seats!

In my opinion, if Louisville (it would have to be Louisville) were to get a team, they would play in front of mediocre crowds for most of their games after the "new" wore off.

Interesting thought, though: What if Kentucky built a new arena in northern Kentucky and a "Cincinnati" professional basketball team played there? That would tap into the central/northern Kentucky population, Louisville isn't too far away, and the entire Cincinnati area would be available.

I can't see that ever happening. There isn't enough support in the state. With UK and UL playing once/twice a week at home and drawing 20,000+ each night, there aren't enough fannies to fill the seats!

In my opinion, if Louisville (it would have to be Louisville) were to get a team, they would play in front of mediocre crowds for most of their games after the "new" wore off.

Interesting thought, though: What if Kentucky built a new arena in northern Kentucky and a "Cincinnati" professional basketball team played there? That would tap into the central/northern Kentucky population, Louisville isn't too far away, and the entire Cincinnati area would be available.

I would love to see something like that happen. However I just don't think this area has enough draw to bring an NBA team in the area.

Im with you.. Ticket prices would be higher than the college games, not to mention you play 41 home games, not including playoffs. Economically KY can't support an NBA team and two major college teams. For what it's worth, I don't think the Cincy area could support one either.

I would love to see something like that happen. However I just don't think this area has enough draw to bring an NBA team in the area.

If they can field pro baseball and football teams, I think they could put a basketball team on the court. Heaven knows they need to do something with U.S. Bank Arena.

I hope this will lead to Ky getting an NBA team some time in the future.

I wish that would happen, but marketing will never allow this to happen. Not in the Stern era at least. Kentucky is a basketball state though, I mean UK, UL, not too mention one of the most exciting high school basketball post seasons in the world. People are crazy about basketball in Kentucky, and basketball is crazy about Kentucky, however the common assumption is that a professional team would quickly fizzle out in the bluegrass. Maybe, maybe not, but one thing is for sure, if Kentucky was to have a NBA team the seats would more than likely be empty unless they were able to put a winning team on the court. Like we all know, people in Kentucky are so crazy about their basketball that they don't like a loser, and with an expansion team not much could be expected from a team in a state with such high basketball expectations.

I would LOVE to see this happen but it will not

It's already a done deal. Go to Top Story at the link and read about it. They start playing games this Nowember. People believe they will play at Murray State's new arena or at their old one if Murray State has a home game. I think it's great and I do hope it does well.