Travis Steele and Xavier have parted ways

MJAlltheWay24

• theguru changed the title to Travis Steele and Xavier have parted ways (Not Confirmed Yet)
  • theguru changed the title to Travis Steele and Xavier have parted ways

Wonder why they waited until after they played in the NIT or why they even accepted a bid if they were going to do it? So I guess they figure they are going to lose the next round. Kind of sad for the current players. If you recall, John Brannen stepped in for Anthony Grant at Alabama and got them to NIT finals. Good luck Muskies!! I bet they have someone they want and are moving to insure that happens quickly.

1 hour ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

The immediate Twitter reaction seems to be calling for Sean Miller or Chris Mack.

Haven't both of these guys been implicated in NCAA as well as possible FBI investigations? I guess none of that carries forward.

1 hour ago, MJAlltheWay24 said:

The immediate Twitter reaction seems to be calling for Sean Miller or Chris Mack.

I honestly wouldn’t hire either of them. You just can’t go back again, as great as the first time around was for both of them. It is really hard to do it a second time with the same team IMO. 

I definitely would call Rick Pitino just to see. I also would call right up the road to Dayton and see if they could steal their coach. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, futurecoach said:

I honestly wouldn’t hire either of them. You just can’t go back again, as great as the first time around was for both of them. It is really hard to do it a second time with the same team IMO. 

I definitely would call Rick Pitino just to see. I also would call right up the road to Dayton and see if they could steal their coach. 

I think Anthony Grant feels appreciated at UD. I know it's A-10, not the Big East. He's been in a Power conference in the SEC. Maybe he's found a comfort level he enjoys....but you never know. Trust me if Slick Rick is interested his agent has already inquired and the wheels are turning. He's an East Coast guy. Maybe he likes Iona.....but he's always looking for a bigger spotlight. It's about him not Xavier.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Rick Broering usually has the XU inside info and he is saying Sean Miller.

So apparently his problems at Arizona are no harm no foul. I guess with NIL he can really get some players.

13 minutes ago, 9068 said:

So apparently his problems at Arizona are no harm no foul. I guess with NIL he can really get some players.

Generally speaking, Miller's problems at Arizona sound like things that are able to be achieved "legally" now so nothing to see here. 

37 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Rick Broering usually has the XU inside info and he is saying Sean Miller.

Rick definitely scooped everyone on X and Steele parting ways so he is certainly someone I would listen to. 

5 hours ago, futurecoach said:

I can't see Rick leaving Iona for X, that is not a big enough step up if he even wants to step up.   He was mentioned for the Maryland job and said he wasn't interested.   But we all know you really can't take coaches at their word anymore.