Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bellarmine 77 Jacksonville 72

Featured Replies

The Knights win the ASUN in only their second year in Division I.

Jacksonville State will get the ASUN bid because the NCAA is stupid and Bellarmine can’t make the dance for four years. 

  • Author
38 minutes ago, cincyswords said:

Can they play in any post season?  NIT?

Yes, they could play in the NIT.

22 minutes ago, TheDeuce said:

Yes, they could play in the NIT.

Sure hope they get the invite.

Seriously, what is the rationale behind the four year waiting period rule?

1 hour ago, bugatti said:

Seriously, what is the rationale behind the four year waiting period rule?

I'm sure the almighty dollar is involved somehow.  Completely stupid rule.  

On 3/8/2022 at 9:46 PM, The Raven said:

I'm sure the almighty dollar is involved somehow.  Completely stupid rule.  

The rationale behind the rule is to allow programs to get up to speed, to build the necessary compliance, facilities, scholarship requirements and other standards to satisfy D-1 membership. Originally, the NCAA instituted a two-year process for reclassification, but that was doubled when teams began to make the jump and were unable to sustain Division I membership because they made the move too soon and could not keep up financially.

It's meant to protect universities from taking on more expense than they can handle. The four-year process is designed to weed out less serious programs and to keep a flood of programs from rushing into Division I before they are ready.

https://www.wdrb.com/sports/why-bellarmine-isnt-eligible-for-the-ncaa-tournament-and-why-that-rule-could-be-changing/article_5784bb1a-9fd9-11ec-8d4c-5b2a1da10f66.html

I feel even dumber now for reading the rationale.

  • Author
1 hour ago, bugatti said:

The rationale behind the rule is to allow programs to get up to speed, to build the necessary compliance, facilities, scholarship requirements and other standards to satisfy D-1 membership. Originally, the NCAA instituted a two-year process for reclassification, but that was doubled when teams began to make the jump and were unable to sustain Division I membership because they made the move too soon and could not keep up financially.

It's meant to protect universities from taking on more expense than they can handle. The four-year process is designed to weed out less serious programs and to keep a flood of programs from rushing into Division I before they are ready.

https://www.wdrb.com/sports/why-bellarmine-isnt-eligible-for-the-ncaa-tournament-and-why-that-rule-could-be-changing/article_5784bb1a-9fd9-11ec-8d4c-5b2a1da10f66.html

I feel even dumber now for reading the rationale.

Seems like to me making the tournament and getting in on the finances involved with that would help those teams in question. 

The NCAA is the most incompetent entity in sports. 

Sounds like the NCAA told Bellarmine they aren't eligible for the NIT either.

I haven't followed Bellarmine at all since NKU went to DI.   Do they always play at Freedom Hall, or was that just an ASUN Tourney thing?

  • Author
9 hours ago, The Raven said:

I haven't followed Bellarmine at all since NKU went to DI.   Do they always play at Freedom Hall, or was that just an ASUN Tourney thing?

They moved to Freedom Hall during COVID so that more people could attend the games. I’d imagine they will just stay there at this point. 

7 hours ago, TheDeuce said:

They moved to Freedom Hall during COVID so that more people could attend the games. I’d imagine they will just stay there at this point. 

They were doing work in Knights Hall as well.  It's a nice gym but is on the small side - 2100 maybe?

  • Author
2 minutes ago, REALSPORT said:

They were doing work in Knights Hall as well.  It's a nice gym but is on the small side - 2100 maybe?

Yeah, that sounds about right. KH is a great atmosphere, but I can easily see Bellarmine outgrowing it now that they are D1.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.